Go to “Booking Availability” on the product edit page to configure availability for the selected product. You will find different sections where you will be able to set the related options. Let’s analyze them.
- Max bookings per unit: maximum number of bookings that can be accepted for the same day/month.
- Minimum booking duration: minimum value for the duration that can be selected by customers expressed in months, days, hours, or minutes depending on how previously set in Booking duration.
- Maximum booking duration: maximum value for the duration that can be selected by customers expressed in months, days, hours, or minutes depending on how previously set in Booking duration.
- Confirmation required: to let users request a confirmation for the booking
- Cancellation available: to allow customers to cancel the booking product already booked
- Check-in time: time for the check-in
- Check-out time: time for the check-out
- Allowed start days: to define the days for the booking to start.
- Buffer time: decide the time between one booking and the next. For example, if you give in 1, the buffer time between two reservations will be 1 day. You will not be able to make a reservation for that day (or that time period).
- Time increment based on duration: Select if the time increment of your booking is based on booking duration. By default, the time increment is 1 hour for hourly bookings and 15 minutes for per-minute bookings.
Example: if enabled and your booking duration is 3 hours, the time increment will be 3 hours, so you’ll see the following time slots: 8:00 – 11:00 – 14:00 – 17:00.
If disabled, you’ll be able to book a 3-hour appointment from 8:00 to 11:00, but also from 9:00 to 12:00.
- Time increment including buffer: select if you want to include buffer time to the time increment.
Example: if enabled and the booking duration is 1 hour and you set a buffer of 1 hour, the time increment will be 1 hour + 1 hour, so you’ll see the following time slots: 8:00 – 10:00 – 12:00 – 14:00.
- Minimum advance reservation: the first available date will be automatically set x hours/days/months from the date the user is making the booking.
- Maximum advance reservation: this is the latest available day for the booking and will be automatically set to x days/months/years from the date the user is making the booking.
For example, let’s suppose we want to configure a product so that the first available date for booking is in two days’ time.
And suppose we don’t want that users can make a booking later than 1 year since they access the booking form.
If they access the form on 8th March 2019, the start date of the booking they can pick is between 10th March 2019 and 7th March 2020.
Additional availability rules
This section allows creating additional availability rules. After clicking on Add new rule, you must select the time frame for which the rule shall be configured. You can choose from “Specific date” and “Generic date“.
To edit the availability status for the selected time frame, click on the Non-bookable button as shown in the following image.
This way, no booking can be made for the selected time frame.
Enable the option Add extra rules for specific days of the week to configure availability for each day of the week within the selected time frame as in the sample below.
- red: non-bookable
- purple: bookable
- grey: not affecting the previous status settings.