On this page, we’ll see how to set the cost of the booking and the way it can vary dynamically.
First of all, open the “Booking” product that you want to edit and click on the “Booking Costs” tab.
Here you will find four sections to manage standard prices, discounts, extra costs, and advanced price rules. Let’s analyze them.
Here, you can specify two different types of costs:
- base price for month/day/hour/minute: the booking base price. This cost is multiplied by the number of booking units, that is the duration of the booking.
- extra price of: extra price for every person added to the specified number (available only if the base price is not multiplied by the number of people).
About the base price, you can also choose to multiply it by the number of people by enabling the specific option Multiply it by the number of people.
So, for example, if we create a booking product with a fixed duration of 1 day, we set the base price per day as €50 and enable both people types and the option Multiply by the number of people, the final price will be calculated depending on the number of people that will be selected during the booking.
In this sample, the user is booking the apartment for 2 adults and 1 child and the total price shows €150.
The option Extra price of, available only by disabling Multiply by the number of people, allows charging an extra cost per every person added to the number of people configured. So, if we want to set $10 to be charged per every person added to 3, we’ll need to configure it as follows:
The result when users add a higher number of persons will be:
The plugin gives you the possibility to offer your customers weekly, monthly, and last-minute discounts.
First, to configure weekly and monthly discounts, you need to set the booking duration as Customer can book units of and select Day(s) in the Booking settings section of the product edit page. Last minute discount option is always available.
Now you can configure your discounts.
- Weekly discount is the feature that allows setting a percentage discount per week. The discount will be calculated for 7-day bookings and their multiples. Therefore, if a customer books a room for 8 days, the discount will affect the first 7 days only.
- Monthly discount allows setting a percentage discount per month. The discount will be calculated for 30-day bookings and their multiples. Therefore, if a customer books a room for 32 days, the discount will affect the first 30 days only.
- Last minute discount allows setting a percentage discount for bookings made within a certain number of days that you need to specify in the field Days before arrival.
All discount types can be configured as a percentage and apply to the Base price for x day, Fixed base price, and Extra price.
From this section, you can add an extra cost to your booking product without leaving the product edit page. To create a new cost, just click on Add a new cost. If needed, you can multiply the fixed base fee by the number of people included in the booking through the related checkbox.
After creating the extra costs, you can specify their prices so to apply them to the booking product. No price will be applied if the field is empty. Moreover, you can multiply the costs by the number of people and/or by booking duration.
All extra costs created will be available in Booking -> Extra Costs menu where you can create, edit and delete them.
Advanced price rules
The costs of the booking, as described above, can be varied according to specific conditions that you can define in the product edit page in the section Advanced price rules (and, if need be, globally for all products).
In particular, prices can be either increased or decreased:
- if the date belongs to a time frame that you have previously defined;
- based on the selected months;
- if a different price has been set based on the days of the week;
- if the booking falls within a specific range of weeks that you have previously defined;
- based on the number of people selected, if you have previously enabled Booking People management;
- based on the duration of the booking;
- if the booking falls within a specific range of times that you have previously defined;
- based on the people type.
People feature gives you the possibility to add ranges based on the people types configured in the booking. This option allows you to create several and even complex rules to manage costs according to your needs.
You can enable or disable every created rule by the related button.
In the sample below, we have configured a booking for a hotel room where we have added an extra cost of 20% for the weekends during the summer. We have created the following price rule:
Please note – Advanced price rules apply only to Base price for and Fixed base fee. Moreover, rules apply only if all conditions are fulfilled. If more conditions apply to the same booking, they are automatically processed from top to bottom.
You can sort rules by drag and drop.
We want to create a booking product with the following requirements:
Price: $100 per day
+ $30 per every person exceeding 2
Weekly discount: 20%
Last minute discount: 10% (2 days)
Extra costs: Cleaning Fee – $30; City Tax – $3 per person/per day)
We will apply the settings as shown below: