Users make a booking based on the dates that the system shows as available.
Availability can either be configured globally or from within the specific “booking” product.
Unavailable dates become unselectable for upcoming users.
Whether you are acting globally or on the single “booking” product, you’ll be able to create availability rules that apply only to one or more months or to a preset range of days and dates.
Let’s see how to do that.
First of all, we must select the time frame for which the availability rule shall be configured. You can choose between “Date range” and “Month range”.
To edit the availability status for the selected time frame, click on the button shown in the following image.
This way, no bookings can be made for the selected time frame.
Click on the icon shown in the image below to configure availability for each day of the week within the selected time frame.
Go to “Booking availability” section in the product edit page to configure availability for the selected product.
Besides adding availability rules, as shown above, you can configure the following options:
- Max bookings per unit: maximum number of bookings that can be accepted for the same day/month.
- Allow booking no sooner than: the first available date will be automatically set x days/months from the date the user is making the booking.
- Allow booking no later than: this is the latest available day for the booking and will be automatically set to x days/months from the date the user is making the booking.
Let’s make an example: suppose we want to configure your product so that the first available date for a booking is in two days’ time.
And suppose we don’t want that users can make a booking later than 5 days since they access the booking form.
If they access the form on 5th September 2016, the start date of the booking they can pick is between 7th September 2016 and 10th September 2016.
- Default start date: the start date is shown to users by choosing from Today, Tomorrow, First available, and Custom Date.
- Allowed start days: to define the days for the booking to start.
In this case, if you want to allow booking units starting from Monday, users won’t be able to select other days in the Start date.
To set the days availability, the plugin provides 3 different colors:
grey: not affecting the previous status settings.
When you decide to configure availability in the product, you’ll have to consider that these settings will override global availability rules, if any.
Rules can, then, combine with each other based on the following order:
- First to be processed: global rules, from the latest to the first one.
- Second: the system processes the rules set in the product, from top to bottom.
This implies that on the same time frame more availability rules can apply.
Let’s make an example to better understand how to configure booking availability. Suppose we want to configure a rule that complies with the following conditions:
- Users can book no date between June and August for no “booking” product in the store.
- Availability for the product “Appartement Opéra” must be removed in September and October.
- The product “Appartement Opéra” must be available for booking in June (unlike the other bookable products in the store).
In order to apply the first condition, we can create a global rule, as shown in the picture below.
In order to apply the second and the third conditions, we have to edit the settings within the product “Appartement Opéra”, which will be processed by the system after the global ones that have been already configured.
The information entered in the “Check-in” and “Check-out” fields are shown right before the booking form.
The “Check-in” and “Check-out” labels can be edited from YITH Plugins > Booking > Labels.