Within the ‘General options’ section you will find two tabs:
- Show “Add to quote” button to: Decide to show the button to:
- All users
- Only logged users
- Only guest users.
- Selected user roles that can see the ‘Add to quote’ button: Decide if all user roles can see the button, or only specific roles.
- User roles that can see the ‘Add to quote’ button: Choose the user roles that can see the button.
- Show “Add to quote” on:
- All products (except the products you have selected in the exclusion list)
- Only show the button on products that you have selected in the exclusion list.
- “Add to quote” in out of stock products:
- Show it on all products, also out of stock products.
- Show it only on out of stock products.
- Hide it on out of stock products.
- Show “Add to quote” on single product pages: The button will be visible on the single product page.
- “Add to quote” position on single product page: Inline or underneath the ‘Add to cart’ button.
- Hide “Add to cart” buttons: Hide the button on ALL products.
- Hide prices: Hide product prices on ALL products.
(It is not possible to select on which products to show/hide the ‘add to cart’ button and price with the YITH Request a Quote plugin, you will need our YITH Catalog Mode plugin to manage when to show/hide these options.)
- Show “Add to quote” in other WooCommerce pages: In category pages, shop pages, etc.
- Show “Add to quote” in WooCommerce Blocks: In WooCommerce Gutenberg Blocks.
- Show “Add to quote” on Checkout page: The customer will be able to convert the checkout into a quote request without being redirected to the quote page. This is how the button will appear on the Checkout page:
- After clicking on “Add to quote” the user: Sees a link to the ‘quote request list’ or will be redirected to the ‘quote request list’ directly.