All the payments are registered in Affiliates -> Payments.
Each time a commission is paid, a new payment is registered in the table.
If the commission has been set to “paid” manually, the payment will be generated with the status “Completed”. By automatic payments via PayPal, the payment will acquire the “Pending” status until PayPal notifies that the payment has been made.
In order to view payment details you can click on its ID.
Payments of commissions are generally made manually by the administrator. If you want to automate this system, you can go to the “Settings” section of the plugin and choose among the options available in “Payment type”:
- Automatically when reaching a threshold;
- Automatically on a specific month date;
- Automatically on a specific month date, if a specific threshold is reached
- Automatically every day
- Let user request payment
Pay only commissions older than: Choose the minimum amount of days that will have to pass before the commission will be paid automatically.
Moreover, you can also enable the option “Notify admin” that allows you to notify the administrator via email automatically each time a new payment is made. To learn more about the type of emails you can configure, read this page of the documentation.
Let user request payment
With this option enabled, the affiliate has the possibility to request to withdraw his commissions.
- Require invoice: the customer has to create an invoice before the admin will pay him. Since the affiliate is receiving money from the store he will need to send an invoice to the store admin.
- Invoice mode: decide how the user should submit his invoice.
- Invoice example: give in the url of the example invoice you want to show your affiliate.
- Company details: give in your company details
- Invoice fields: decide which fields are necessary for the customer to add in his invoice.
The affiliate will find a new option in his menu where he can request a withdraw. In the withdraw screen the affiliate can decide from-to which date they want to withdraw their commissions.
PayPal is the payment gateway used by the plugin to automate the payment management for the affiliate commissions. In order to work properly, it is essential to set the right credentials in “Affiliates -> Settings -> PayPal Payment Gateway”.
Enter “username”, “password” and “signature” of your PayPal account. Read more on this page if you are not able to find the credentials required.
To complete commission payments correctly by PayPal, your must necessarily have a “Premier” or “Business” account that has to be set up for “MassPay” service. To allow this, you need to make a request to PayPal customer service.
If you want to check if your plugin is working well a PayPal test account, you can create a Business account: enter the credentials of the new account and tick the option Enable PayPal sandbox.
You can apply PayPal to all the payments with the “On-Hold” status through the specific button.