Every completed purchase of the shop related to an affiliate user will generate a commission to pay.
The commission concerning the affiliate is the sum of the commissions of all the products added to the cart. To change the general settings of commissions, go the option panel of the plugin, click on the “Settings” tab and scroll the page to the “Commissions” section.
Here you can edit the following options:
- General rate: general commission percentage related to any product of the shop and any affiliate, except possible commissions set in the Rates section of the plugin.
- Avoid auto commission: if this option is activated, no commissions will be generated for those purchases that have the same refer ID to the user that made the order.
- Exclude tax from commissions: exclude taxes from commission amount.
- Exclude discount from commissions: By enabling this option, the commission will be calculated on the amount of the discount applied.
- Notify admin: this option lets you send notification email automatically when a commission assumes the Pending status.
- Calculate commissions permanently: based on registered cookies, this option stores the commissions of the affiliate, for every purchase the related user will make. If the related user reaches the site from the link of another affiliate, this one will be the next affiliate for which this option will store the commissions.
- Prevent referral switch: by enabling this option, the user will always be associated to the affiliate who led him to purchase on the store (from the moment it has been decided to calculate the commissions in a permanent way), even if he visits a link associated to a different refer ID.
- Persistent commissions rate: commission percentage for all orders after the first one, even if the user visits the site directly (associate affiliate to customer). The amount of the new commission is based on the percentage applied to the old commission. Meaning: if you want to credit the same commission percentage, you’ll need to set the “Persistent commissions rate” to 100%.