All the commissions generated by the orders of the site are stored in the “Commissions” section of the options panel of the plugin. There is also the possibility to export the commissions in CSV format.
The commission status is strictly linked to the order status.
When the order is created, the commission is created with the “Not Confirmed” status and when the order goes to Paid, the commission automatically gets the “Pending” status, which means that the commission is ready to be paid.
You can see the commission status as shown in the following screenshot.
Here is a more detailed list with all the statuses that a commission can get and which order status can trigger it:
- ‘pending‘: if the order status goes to completed or processing
- ‘pending-payment‘: this status is not triggered by any order, it can only be triggered by automatic payment and will be like this until the payment is not confirmed by the gateway
- ‘paid‘: this is the status that takes when the automatic payment is confirmed or that you can assign for manual payments
- ‘not-confirmed‘: if the order status goes to pending or on-hold
- ‘cancelled’: if the order status goes to cancelled or failed
- ‘refunded‘: if the order status goes to refunded
You can edit the commissions’ status in bulk to any of the following:
- Not Confirmed
- Trashed: this is the step before a commission is deleted permanently (new “trash” label will appear).
Please, note: when the commission is on pending payment or paid status, it can only be changed to Trashed. No other status change is allowed to prevent that a commission is erroneously paid twice.
The commission can be paid only when it’s on “Pending” status.
The payment of the commission can be done either manually or automatically thanks to the integration with PayPal:
- if manually, you can issue the payment to the affiliate offline and then change the commission status to Paid
- if automatically, based on the settings, the commission status will automatically go to Paid as soon as the payment is done.
Go to this page of the documentation to get the information about the management of the commission payment.
Example: a commission standard life cycle
This is the default life cycle of a commission, and the statuses it takes on:
- order created > commission not confirmed
- order completed > commission pending
- commission paid > commission pending payment (for automatic payments) OR paid (for manual payments)
- commission payment confirmed (only for automatic payments) > paid.