Once you enable it, the plugin adds an Add to wishlist button right inside all product detail pages of your shop.
You can choose to enable the plugin features for all the users or only for registered ones through the option Enable wishlist for available in the plugin General settings. The features available are the same for both types of users.
Within the same section, you will find the following options:
- Enable Added/Removed notices: when activated, popup notices will show when a product has been added or removed from the wishlist
- Enable “Add to wishlist” tooltip: this allows showing a tooltip when hovering over Add to wishlist link
- Add to wishlist tooltip style: you can choose the text and background colors for the Add to wishlist tooltip
- Enable AJAX loading: when activated, all wishlist elements will load via ajax, so as to avoid any issues caused by caching systems.
All the options to configure the Add to wishlist button can be found in the plugin section Add to wishlist options.
In the General settings section, you will be able to decide what to show when clicking on the Add to wishlist button and after a product is added to the wishlist.
The option When clicking on Add to wishlist has three different options, Choose the action that will be the default one from:
- automatically add to the default list: the product will be added to the default wishlist without any possibility to choose a different wishlist
- show a modal window to allow users to choose a wishlist: this will give users the possibility to select the wishlist where they want to add the product from a popup
- show a dropdown to allow users to choose a wishlist: this will give users the possibility to select the wishlist where they want to add the product from a dropdown.
The option When product is added to wishlist allows choosing the modal window behavior. Choose the action that will be the default one from:
- automatically close the modal: this will automatically close the popup after adding the product to the wishlist
- leave the modal open: the popup will be kept open.
The option After product is added to wishlist allows choosing the look of the wishlist button when the product has already been added to a wishlist. Choose the action that will be the default one from:
- show “Add to wishilist” button: this will show the button Add to wishlist, so your customers will be able to add the plugin to multiple wishlists if they want to
- show “View wishlist” link: this will show the link to view the wishlist
- show “Remove from list” link: this will show the link to remove the product from the wishlist
- add to wishlist button now opens a modal to move or remove items (available only with multi-wishlist option enabled): this allows showing a modal window to remove the product or move it to another wishlist.
The plugin also allows showing the Add to wishlist button on your shop page, category pages, product shortcodes, product sliders, and all the other places where the WooCommerce products’ loop is used.
To do it, go to Add to wishlist options section and enable the following options in Loop settings:
- Show “Add to wishlist” in loop: enable it to show the Add to wishlist button to WooCommerce products loop
- Position of “Add to wishlist” in loop: choose the position of the Add to wishlist button in WooCommerce products loop
Tip: If you want to give a special look to the Add to wishlist style, select the position On top of the image and you’ll get the following result.
In the Product page settings section, you can choose the position of the Add to wishlist button and decide whether to show the count of users related to products added to wishlists.
- Position of “Add to wishlist” on product page allows you to select the position of the button among After Add to cart, After thumbnails, After summary or using the shortcode
- Show a count of users with a specific product in wishlist allows users to know how many times the product has been added to a wishlist by other users
In the section Text customization, you can configure the text to show for the different options listed below:
- “Add to wishlist” text: used to customize the button text
- “Product added” text: to customize the text shown when a product has been added to a wishlist
- “Browse wishlist” text: to customize the text of the Browse wishlist link
- “Product already in wishlist” text: to customize the text shown to users when they are viewing a product already added to their wishlist
- “Add to wishlist” popup button text: to customize the button shown in the popup
In the section Style and color customization, you will be able to set up the style and color of the button that shows on the product pages.
- Style of “Add to wishlist”: choose from Textual (uses anchor), Button with theme style (uses the style of the theme currently used), Button with custom style (uses the settings you configure)
- “Add to wishlist” button style: choose the colors for the Add to wishlist button also on mouseover
- Border radius: set the radius for the Add to wishlist button
- “Add to wishlist” icon: select an icon for the Add to wishlist button from the dropdown (optional)
- “Add to wishlist” custom icon: upload an icon for the Add to wishlist button (suggested px 32 X 32)
- “Added to wishlist” icon: select an icon for the Added to wishlist button from the dropdown (optional)
- “Added to wishlist” custom icon: upload an icon for the Added to wishlist button (suggested px 32 X 32)
- Custom CSS: enter custom CSS to be applied to Wishlist elements (optional)
For correct functioning, after enabling the plugin, a “Wishlist” page is generated on WordPress: it includes the “[yith_wcwl_wishlist]” shortcode that provides the insertion of the table of all products added to the wishlist.
You can show the wishlist on any page of your site, different from the one selected by default, by choosing it from “Wishlist Page” field of the plugin section Wishlist page options.
Please note: the page you choose to use as a “wishlist” page must necessarily include the “[yith_wcwl_wishlist]” shortcode.
In case you had issues to display the “wishlist” page, regenerate the permalinks.
Product list style
From the Wishlist detail page settings available in Wishlist page options, you can choose the style of the product list of the wishlists created by the users.
Only images with info at click
What to show in the wishlist table
The plugin makes available a list of options to let you decide what you want to show in the wishlist table. These options are:
- Product variations selected by the user (example: size or color)
- Product price
- Price variation info (show the price difference compared to when the product was added to the list)
- product quantity (so users can manage the quantity of each product from the wishlist)
- Product stock (show if the product is available or not)
- Date on which the product was added to the wishlist
- Add to cart option for each product
- Icon to remove the product from the wishlist – to the left of the product
- Checkbox to select multiple items, add them to the cart or delete them with one click
- Button to remove the product from the wishlist – to the right of the product
How to move products from a wishlist to another
For those users who have created more than one wishlist, you can allow them to move products from one to another by enabling the option Show Move to another wishlist.
Now you can choose the style to show this option from a popup or a dropdown.
Add to cart from wishlist
The site admin can choose what happens after the user adds a product to the cart from the wishlist.
The options are:
- Redirect to cart: redirect to cart page if Add to cart button is clicked in the wishlist page
- Remove if added to the cart: remove the product from the wishlist if it has been added to the cart
How to allow users to add all products to cart
To offer users the possibility to add all the products of their wishlist to the cart, you must enable the option Enable “Add all to cart”. With a simple click, the cart will be filled with all the wishlist products.
How to arrange products in the wishlist
By enabling the option Enable drag and drop, you will give users the possibility to easily arrange the order of the products they have added to their wishlist through a drag-and-drop action.
Through the option Layout for wishlist view available in the plugin section Wishlist page options, you can choose from two different styles – Traditional and Modern grid – to be used for the page Manage your wishlists.
Modern grid style
The feature Show wishlist info allows you to select the data to show on the wishlists. The options are:
- number of items in wishlist
- date of creation of the wishlist
- download PDF version of the wishlist
- rename wishlist button
- delete wishlist button
Finally, by enabling the option Create wishlist in popup, you can let your users create a new wishlist directly in the popup rather than using the endpoint.