From the section Text customization in Wishlist page options, you can customize the texts of the wishlist page.
The options available are:
- Default wishlist title: default title of the wishlist page if users do not enter a new one
- “Create wishlist” page name: the title that will be used for Create wishlist page
- “Manage wishlist” page name: the title that will be used for Manage wishlist page
- “Search wishlist” page name: the title that will be used for Search wishlist page
- “Add to cart” text: text for the Add to cart button in the table included in the wishlist page.
Here, we will analyze how to customize the styles and colors of the different elements shown on the wishlist page. To do it, go to the Style & Color Customization section that you find in Wishlist page options.
Let’s start from the Add to cart button.
The available options are:
- Style of “Add to cart”: choose from Textual (uses anchor), Button with theme style (uses the style of the theme currently used), Button with custom style (uses the settings you configure)
By selecting Button with custom style, you will be able to configure the following options:
- “Add to cart” button style: choose the colors for the Add to cart button also on mouseover
- Border radius: set the radius for the Add to cart button
- “Add to cart” icon: select an icon for the Add to cart button from the dropdown (optional)
- “Add to cart” custom icon: upload an icon for the Add to cart button (suggested px 32 X 32)
Now, let’s see how to customize the style and colors for Primary and Secondary buttons.
- Primary button style: through this option, you can customize the style and colors of the Edit title button on Wishlist view, Submit Changes button on Manage view and Search wishlist button on Search view also on mouseover.
- Secondary button style: this allows customizing style and color of Show title form and Hide title form buttons on Wishlist view and Create a new Wishlist button on Manage view also on mouseover.
To customize the wishlist table, you have two options:
- Wishlist table style: this allows choosing the color of the wishlist table (when set to Traditional layout)
- Highlight color: this allows choosing the color that will be used as background for the wishlist table heading and footer (when set to Traditional layout), and for different forms in the wishlist views
The last settings of this section are related to the customization of sharing buttons for social media which are the following:
- Share button text color: the color of the text for the Share buttons
- Facebook share button icon: choose the icon for the Facebook share button
- Facebook share button custom icon: upload an icon to be used for the Facebook share button
- Facebook share button style: the color of the Facebook share button
The same options will be also available for Twitter, Pinterest, Email, and WhatsApp style, buttons, and icons.
Users can only share the wishlist for the socials you selected in YITH Plugins -> Wishlist.
Parameters you can configure in order to share the wishlist on social are:
- “Social title”: text used as the sharing title
- “Social text”: It will be used by Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Use %wishlist_url% where you want to show the URL of your wishlist.
- “Social image URL”: image URL that will be used for each wishlist sharing.
If you want to customize the style and colors of the social media buttons, please check this page.
Compatibility with YITH WooCommerce Frequently Bought Together allows inserting, in the “Wishlist” page, a slider that will show all the products related to one or more products of the wishlist (through the use of Frequently Bought Together).
For all information about the functioning of YITH WooCommerce Frequently Bought Together, we suggest you read the official documentation of the plugin.
Each wishlist created in the site is registered right inside the “Wishlists” section of the plugin settings dashboard.
Click on the “View” field to have access to the selected wishlist detail.
“Multiwishlist” function allows users to create different wishlists to organize products better. In order to make this possible enable the “Enable multi-wishlist feature” option in “YITH Plugins -> Wishlist -> General Settings -> Multi – wishlist settings”. Then select whether you want to enable multi-wishlists to all users or only to registered ones.
Please note: if you have previously enabled the option Enable wishlist for > Only authenticated users, the same will apply to the multi-wishlist feature and the option Enable multiple wishlists for will be automatically disabled.
Every time users will add a new product to the wishlist, they will be able to select one of those already available or to create a new one.
Please note: this depends on the settings configured in Add to wishlist options, specifically on the option When clicking on Add to wishlist that, if set to Automatically add to the default list won’t give users the possibility to choose.
Users can access their wishlists by clicking on Your wishlists link on the Wishlist page or through the widget (if added to the sidebar).
Actions on wishlist are three: creation, management, and search.
We analyze each possible action singularly.
Create new wishlist
To create a new wishlist is essential to insert the name and to select the status, to choose from “public”, “private” and “shared”.
To better understand the differences between statuses, follow this step of documentation.
To edit one of the created wishlists click on “Your wishlists” field. From the page you will be redirected to, you could edit the status of the wishlist or remove it.
Search wishlist function allows obtaining a complete list of all the wishlists, with “public” status, related to the user’s name or to the specified email address.
By enabling “Enable “Ask for an estimate” button”, a button will appear on the wishlist page of the user. By clicking on it, users will be able to ask the administrator for the final price of the selected products. The administrator receives an email with a link to the concerned wishlist and with the email sent by the user asking for the estimate.
By default, email is sent to the site administrator’s email address. To add new recipients and change other details related to the email, use the following options:
- email type
- email heading
- email subject
- send CC option
To give users the possibility to add some notes to the request to be sent, enable the Show additional notes popup option.
The plugin automatically shows the email field to unregistered users. Other fields can be added through the button Add new field. We will analyze later how to set these fields.
The popup will show after users click on Ask for an estimate on the Wishlist page.
According to the fields configured, the popup will look like this
How to set additional fields
Let’s analyze the options available in the settings of the additional fields that will show in the popup.
- Label for the field: insert the name of the field you want to show
- Required field: enable if you want the field to be required. Leave it disabled to show it as optional
- Placeholder for the field: enter the placeholder to show in the field
- Field description: type here the description of the field
- Position of the field in the form: choose from three different positions: first (this will show the field as first), last (this will show the field as last when two or more available), wide (this will show the field in the whole row).
- Type of field: choose the type of field from Text, Email, Phone, URL, Number, Date, Textarea, Radio, Checkbox, and Select.
If choosing Select and Radio, a new entry (Enter options for the field) will appear to let you enter the options to be shown in the dropdown.
You can customize the labels of Ask for an Estimate button and the Additional notes text area in the section Text customization.
From the section Style and Color Customization, you can configure the style and colors of the button Ask for an estimate.
You can choose from a textual link and button, set the colors for background, text and border, the border-radius and, optionally, the icon for the button also by uploading a custom one.