The quantity discount allows you to offer a discount on specific products when users add to cart one or more items that you have previously selected.
Each discount must correspond to a new Quantity discount type rule.
Only one quantity discount per product can be applied at the same time
To create a new rule, go to YITH Plugins > Dynamic Pricing and Discounts > Price Rules, enter the name of the new rule and click on the Add new rule button.
Enter a title for your rule and select “Quantity Discount” mode.
Now you can select the products you want to associate with the rule and proceed with the configuration of all the parameters.
The quantity discount allows you to offer a discount on specific products when users added to cart one or more items you previously selected.
The quantity discount allows you to offer a discount on specific products when users add one or more items you have previously selected to the cart.
Before looking into how to configure the rule in detail, you must know how to select products.
In “Apply adjustment to” field, select the products on which you want to apply the discount, and in “Apply To” field, select the products on which you want to apply the quantity control in the cart.
Variable products are supported: the plugin allows selecting single product variations with regards to “Apply to” and “Apply adjustment to” options.
In “Apply to”, select the product typology on which you want to apply the quantity control on the “Cart” page.
You can choose from:
- all products in the cart
- only selected products
- all products of the shop except selected ones
- all products related to one or more product categories
- all products of the shop that are related to the specified categories
- all products of the shop that are related to the specified tags
- all the products related to one or more vendors (available only if you are using YITH WooCommerce Multi Vendor)
Apply adjustment to
When the minimum required conditions for the discount apply, the rule affects only the products specified in “Apply Adjustment to”.
The discount can be applied:
- to the same products on which the quantity control has been applied
- to all products in the cart
- to all products you select
- to all products in the cart except for those you select
- to all products in the cart that are in one or more categories
- to all products in the cart except for those in the selected categories
If you decided to use the “Quantity discount” type rule, it means you want to apply the discount only if the cart includes a certain product quantity.
The quantity is calculated according to how it has been selected in “Quantity based”.
Before analyzing the possible options, we must say that the minimum and/or maximum quantity of products allowed for the rule need to be specified in “Discount Rules”.
You can specify different amounts for different quantity ranges. In this case, you must add as many “n” rules as the quantity ranges to define.
Let’s analyze the possible options available in the plugin to count the product quantity in the cart:
- “Item quantity in cart line”: the quantity is calculated for each product line in the cart, among those selected in “Apply to”.
Product variations are considered as different products, for this reason (in this modality) two or more variations of the same product aren’t added up.
Shown below, two screens for example.
As shown in the example of the images, a 50% discount has been set on all products in the cart with a minimum quantity of 2.
- “Single Product”: the quantity is calculated separately for all the products that, among those selected on “Apply to”, have been added to cart. The difference compared with the previous case, is about variations of the same product which are considered by the system as a unique product and, therefore, their quantities are added up.
Here is an example to explain it better.
According to settings done, the discount is applied only to those products in the cart that have a minimum quantity of 2, specifically to “Headphone over-hear” products. The two elements are variations of the same product and the total of their quantity satisfies the requested condition.
- “Single product variation”: the quantity is calculated separately on all the products in the cart which are among those selected on “Apply to”.
Please note: each single product variation is considered a single product, therefore their quantity aren’t added up.
- “Sum of all products in list or category list”: to apply the discount, the number of products added to the cart (chosen among those specified in Apply to) has to be between maximum and minimum quantity specified in Discount Rules.
In our example, as we have selected only the minimum amount as 2, the cart has to contain at least 2 items of the specified product if we want the discount to be applied.
The price table is a specific table created and configured to be shown on the detail page of a specific product to inform users about the price based on the quantity.
To show the table, the rule must have specific conditions:
- the discount must be of “Discount Mode” type
- “Show table” option must be active
- in “Apply adjustment to” must be selected “Same product”
At this point, you only need to select in “Apply to” the products on which you want to show the table and configure prices and related quantities.
In the example below, the table has been configured to be shown on the “Tablet Cover” product.
Show notes in the price table
You can add custom notes to each price table you create. You can configure this option in the rule settings in Notes shown in quantity table. The note will be added soon after the table.
For other options that apply to all quantity tables of your store, like position of the table, custom labels and layout, please, refer to the general settings page here.
You can edit the format that shows the product price from the plugin settings dashboard if a “quantity discount” type rule provides a discount on that product.
Go to the plugin Settings tab and set the format you want in Price Format.
You can use: %original_price%, discounted_price% e %percentual_discount%.
Note: enable the option “Show minimum price for products with quantity discount enabled” to see the minimum discounted amount