You can find all the general settings options of the plugin in the YITH -> Settings tab.
The options available are:
- Enable Subscription: this allows creating your subscription plans;
- “Add to cart” label in subscription products: the text to show in the Add to cart button;
- Allow customer to renew subscriptions when is cancelled or expired: this allows customers to renew the subscription even when it is canceled or has expired;
- Disable the reduction of stock in the renew order: this allows preventing the stock from decreasing when the renewal order occurs;
- Delete subscription if the main order is cancelled: this allows deleting the subscription as soon as the order is canceled;
- Enable Shop Manager to edit these options: this allows the shop manager to edit the subscription setting options;
- Enable Log: this allows enabling the plugin logs.
Before starting configuring your plans, please, ensure that the option “Enable Subscription” has been enabled from the plugin settings panel available in YITH Plugins > Subscription.
Now, you can select the concerned product and click on the option “Subscription”.
Now you can set a price for the subscription plan.
enter the amount you want to charge into Regular Price/Sale Price. The amount entered here is the recurrent fee for the subscription, that will apply according to what set in the option Price is per.
The subscription available in the image above requires the payment of 20$ every 10 days. You can set a value and a unit of measurement in days, weeks, months or years.
To learn more about payment actions, go to this page.
Using the option “Max Lenght” you can also set an expiry date for the subscriptions: enter here a numeric value to which the unit of measurement entered in “Price per” will apply, so days, weeks, months or years. Next to the input field, you will see the maximum value that can be entered.
The information shows also on the product page.
If you have specified the expiration date, but you cannot see it on the product page, go to YITH Plugins > Subscription and ensure you have enabled the option “Show total subscription length”.
Sign-up fee is an additional amount that customers pay when purchasing the subscription. You can specify this amount in the option “Sign-up fee” in WooCommerce product page.
The sign-up fee will be shown also in product detail page during checkout, given that the option Show fee info has been previously enabled in YITH Plugins > Subscription.
A trial period allows users to access subscription services for free for a limited time. You can set how long a trial period lasts from the option “Trial period”.
Users are informed about the duration of the trial period in the product detail page, given that you have previously enabled the option “Show trial period” in YITH Plugins > Subscription.
If you don’t want or don’t need to charge the shipping fees every time a subscription order is renewed, just open the subscription product edit page, select the Shipping tab and check the option One time shipping.
Shipping fees will be charged only with the first payment, and not on renewal payments.
To allow your users to pause their subscription, you just have to select the maximum number of pauses allowed in product page.
If you don’t want to allow too long pauses, set the maximum number of pause-days in the option “Max duration of pauses”.
When the pause ends, the subscription is automatically resumed and it final expiration date postponed accordingly.
Read more in this page about pausing details of the user.
Default behaviour of the plugin deletes immediately the subscription if no fee payment comes in time and in this case the subscription cannot be renewed. In order to avoid this, you can set a deferment period during which users are urged to catch up missing payments to keep benefiting from their subscription. During this period, the subscription status will be switched to “Overdue”.
The feature can be enabled or disabled on all the products with a subscription by activating the specific option you find in YITH Plugins -> Subscriptions.
Set the maximum number of days for “overdue” status of subscriptions from the option “Overdue subscriptions”.
The “Overdue pending payment subscriptions after …….. hour(s)” entry allows deciding after how many hours since the expiration of the non-payment the subscription should acquire the “Overdue” status.
If a subscription is suspended, users cannot benefit from their subscription services or content. A subscription will be automatically suspended if the recurrent fee is not paid. The subscription will not be deleted and users will be given the possibility to pay for the missing payment.
To enable suspension of subscription products, enable the option Enable Suspended subscriptions in YITH Plugins > Subscriptions and set the maximum number of days for a “suspended” subscription.
If you enable the option “Suspend a subscription if a recurring payment fail” subscriptions will be assigned the status “Suspended” as soon as a failed payment is recorded for that subscription.
The option “Suspend pending payment subscriptions after …….. hour(s)” allows you to set the number of hours that have to pass after payment deadline (or after expiration of “overdue” status”) for the subscription to be assigned the status “suspended“
The premium version of the plugin supports variable products. You can configure a different subscription for each variation.
The parameters are the same as the ones previously mentioned for “simple” products.
They must be configured within the configuration panel of the single variation.
You can find the complete list of all subscriptions of your site in YITH Plugins -> Subscription -> Subscriptions.
In the recap table, you can find all this information for each subscription:
- ID: unique ID of the subscription
- status: actual status of the subscription (active, paused, cancelled, pending, overdue, trial, expired, suspended)
- recurring: subscription fee
- order: order ID of the subscription
- user: username used for the subscription
- started: starting date of the subscription that is the same day in which the order has been paid
- payment due: date in which users will have to make the next payment
- end date: ending date of the subscription that is the same day in which the subscription gets the “cancelled” status
- expires: expiring date of the subscription
- renewals: how many fee users have paid
- failed attemps: failed renewal attempts. The maximum number of payment attempts allowed by supported payment systems (PayPal and Stripe) is 3; once this threshold is reached, the subscription is switched to the status “cancelled“.
- membership status: this column can be seen by users who are using the plugin in combination with YITH WooCommerce Membership and shows the status of the membership plan associated to the concerned subscription.
To access the details of a subscription, click on the “Edit” option.
You’ll be able to edit both the billing and the shipping details or to load the ones saved by the user.
If users have previously updated the address from the subscription settings on My Account page, the updated information will be loaded.
On the right, you will find a box in which all activities of the subscription are recorded.
With the “Subscription Action”, you can interact with subscriptions.
Under “Payed Order List”, you can find the list of all orders made by users. Each payment corresponds to a new order.