To create a subscription-based product, go to the editing page and enable the checkbox “Subscription”.
Now, you can set a price for the subscription plan created, you can set the frequency of payments and maximum duration of the subscription (optional value).
You can set the subscription price as follows: users are required to pay for a fixed amount (Regular Price) every day or month.
You can specify if the subscription has an end time or not by using the options Never or Set and end time. By selecting Set an end time, you will be able to define the number of days/months after which the subscription will end.
If you don’t want the same user to purchase the same subscription plan more than once, enable the option Apply subscription limits and choose whether to allow only one subscription with the active status or one subscription with any status.
This is how the customer will see his/her product.
The subscription starts officially when the order is completed, as well as for any other product in the store. Payment modes are the same you set in WooCommerce > Settings.
Among all payment methods available, PayPal is the only one that has been configured in order to detract the subscription recurrent fee automatically until subscription expiry date. In case funds in the concerned PayPal account are not enough, the subscription will be automatically cancelled from the system.
If you set any other payment method, it will be up to customers to remember recurrent payment deadline and send the amount to the admin to keep benefiting from the subscription.
The subscription will be added to the list of active subscriptions only when the order associated to it is set to “Completed”. If you are using PayPal payment, once the payment is completed, the order will be set to “Processing” and the subscription will officially start.
All subscriptions registered in your store will be available in the table that you can find in YITH > Subscription > Subscriptions.
You can access the following information for each subscription in your shop:
- Univocal subscription ID;
- Status (active, paused or cancelled);
- Product associated to the subscription;
- Recurring subscription fee;
- Order number;
- Subscriber’s name;
- Subscription expiry date.
The plugin also offers you the possibility to filter your subscriptions by date, status, payment method, and customer. Moreover, through the Bulk actions, you can also delete subscriptions.
From the General settings tab, you can set all the general plugin options.
Here you will find three different sections.
1. General settings
- Stock management with recurring payments: through this option, you can decide whether renewal orders affect the stock count of subscription products.
- Delete subscription if the main order is cancelled: enable this option if you want to delete the subscription when main order is cancelled.
- Shop manager can manage subscription settings: By enabling this option, you can allow the shop manager to edit the subscription setting options.
GPDR & Privacy
- Delete personal info after an account erasure request: by enabling this option, all personal information will be erased if a request is made by the customer.
- Delete pending and cancelled subscriptions: by enabling this option, subscriptions will be trashed after a specific number of days, weeks, months, or years, entered in the related fields.
Users can neither pause nor cancel their subscription unless they have purchased it using PayPal. Only in the latter case, they will be able to cancel the subscription from their own PayPal account.
Despite this, the subscription is canceled in case of a missing payment or it can be canceled manually from the plugin admin panel. You just have to select the subscription and apply the bulk action.
The plugin automatically creates a Subscriptions endpoint that allows adding a section to the My account page where users can find the complete list of their subscriptions.
By clicking on each subscription, customers will be able to check the details.
From the Customization tab, you will be able to insert a custom label for the Add to cart button shown on the product pages and the Place order button shown on Cart and Checkout pages.