The plugin supports a couple of automatic payment methods, meaning that the customer gets charged automatically when each recurring payment is due.
Note: the payment method chosen during the purchase, will be the same for all periodic fees that the user will have to pay, it’s impossible to switch.
The PayPal Standard settings are explained below, if you wish to see the settings of the other payment gateways, simply click on the one you are interested in.
PayPal StandardPayPal standard supports automatic recurring payments, so users don’t have to remember to pay the recurring fee. If the owed amount is not available in the users’ PayPal account, the subscription will be cancelled or will switch to “Overdue” or “Suspended” status (depending on the settings).To let the plugin work correctly, it is necessary that your PayPal account (compulsory for any type of business) is set to receive multi-currency payments. If you haven’t set this option in your PayPal account yet, follow the guidelines described below:
- Go to www.paypal.com/ and access to your business account;
- Click on My Account and then on Profile;
- Open section My Selling Tools;
- In Getting paid and managing my risk , click on update next to the entry Block Payments
- Set the option ‘allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold’ to ‘yes, accept and convert theme to U.S. Dollars‘
Note: You can associate more than one subscription to the same user, however, users need to place separate orders for each subscription. The system used to integrate PayPal recurring payments doesn’t allow multiple subscriptions within the same order.
If you use PayPal Standard, the date for the payment cannot be edited in any way. It refers to the day when the first subscription payment occurred.
You can use the payment method of your choice, however if it isn’t a supported payment method, the customer will have to pay the recurring fee manually.
One day before the periodical fee deadline, a new order will be generated automatically. This order will be visible for the users in their ‘My orders’ section in the my account page.
Click on the ‘pay’ button > redirected to checkout page > pay for recurring payment.
You will find the complete list of supported gateways for automatic payments here.
Here is a list of all the gateways supported by YITH Subscription plugin. You will be able to start automatic recurring payments with all of them, but the options allowed by each of them vary. You can compare them in the following table.
* In order to manage recurring payments it is necessary that the reference transactions are active on your PayPal account. Verify through PayPal support if they are active before implementing the payment method.
The plugin allows you to create new types of coupons:
- Subscription sign-up discount: discount on sign-up fee (if any). The coupon can either remove a fixed price or a percentage of the sign-up fee.
- Subscription recurring discount: discount on the subscription periodic fee. The coupon can either remove a fixed price or a percentage of each periodic fee.
Coupons can be configured in WooCommerce > Coupons, as well as for any WooCommerce default coupon.