Order synchronization allows you to update the parent order and suborder (also more than one suborder) status automatically if editing one of them.
Orders can be synchronized when:
- the parent order status changes
- the suborder status changes
- both previous cases
Let’s learn about how the synchronization manages the order status change.
The suborder updates automatically when the parent order status changes, acquiring the same status.
To let the synchronization work correctly, that you activate the option “Parent-suborder synchronization”, which you can find in the tab “Vendors” of the plugin settings dashboard.
Suborder-parent order status synchronization
The parent order updates automatically when the status of one of the suborders changes.
To activate this synchronization, enable the entry “Suborder-parent order status synchronization”.
How is the parent order status set when the suborder status changes?
- If all suborders are set as completed, the parent order acquires the completed status
- If all suborders are set as refunded, the parent order acquires the refunded status
- If all suborders have the completed and refunded status (related to a partial refund of the parent order), the parent order status is set as completed
- If suborders have different statuses, the parent order acquired the processing status.
Please note: if the parent order has only one suborder, both order statuses are always perfectly synchronized.