WooCommerce Costs of Goods is a plugin that allows adding the production costs to each product.
Thanks to the integration between the two plugins, you can decide to include this cost in the commissions due to the vendor.
To do it, go to YITH Plugins -> Multi Vendor -> Commissions and enable the entry Cost of goods handling.
To show the production costs on the detail page of the commission, enable the Show Cost of goods information entry.
The commission status is directly bond to the status of the order it’s linked to, and it’s handle in different ways according to whether you are using manual payment or automatic payment through MassPay and PayPal Adaptive Payments.
Please note that since PayPal does no longer support MassPay and Adaptive Payments services, they cannot be activated on new users’ accounts.
Yet, users who had previously activated either PayPal MassPay or Adaptive Payments services can keep using them to manage payments automatically and can refer to the following information for the configuration.
|Order status||Commission status|
Automatic Payment using MassPay
Once an order is created, its commission is automatically generated on unpaid status, this status will later change into processing.
As soon as your system receives the IPN code from PayPal, the commission status will turn into Paid.
|Order status||Commission status|
Automatic Payment using PayPal Adaptive Payments
|PayPal status||Order status||Commission status|
|Incomplete||Payment Method Parallel: On Hold|
Payment Method Chained Delay: Completed
To view the status of all vendor’s commissions, go to Commissions menu that you can find in WordPress admin area.
You can search specific commissions also by order ID from the related search field.
Let’s see together information given for each single commission::
- ID: commission ID, available also in order detail page
- Product: product associated to the commission
- Rate: commission rate associated to the product
- User: user associated to the vendor shop
- Vendor: name of the vendor to whom the selected commission is credited
- Ship to: shipping list of the user who made the order
- Amount: amount of the commission owed to the vendor
- Date: commission generation date
- Last Update: date of the last update of the commission
- Actions: directly from “Commissions” page, you can pay commissions via PayPal, using the specific button that you find next to each commission. Once sent a payment request to PayPal, the commission state will be switched to “Pending” and then to “Paid” when PayPal payment has been successful.
All information is available in commission details page.
For payment of commissions to your vendors, please, read more on this page.
Definition of terms
Commission: it refers to the partial amount that admin pays to sellers/vendors on each product sold.
In the tab Commissions in the plugin options panel, you can set general conditions for vendor’s commission management.
The commissions that go to the vendor can include coupons or not. Check or uncheck the option Include coupons in commission calculations to do that.
You can decide how to credit tax fees. Select one of the options available in the drop-down menu next to Taxes to credit taxes either to the admin, or the vendor or to both of them.
You can choose among:
- Credit taxes to the website admin
- Split tax by percentage between website admin and vendor
- Credit taxes to the vendor
Let’s make an example to clarify how this option work:
Suppose we have:
- product A that costs $12 ($10 product price + $2 tax);
- vendor A who gets 50% commissions on each product sold.
If you select Credit taxes to the website admin, the vendor will get 50% of the product price, that is $5. The remaining 50% and the tax fee goes to the admin, who gets $5 + $2 = $7.
If you select Split tax by percentage between website admin and vendor, the vendor gets 50% of the product price and 50% of the tax fee, that is $5 + 1 = $6.
If you select Credit taxes to the vendor, the vendor will get 50% of the product price, and $2 tax, for a total of $7. The admin will get the remaining 50% of the product price, so, $5.
Override commission percentage on vendor/product level
The commission amount is a general one and applies to all the shop vendors. Yet, you can override the general settings and specify a different commission percentage for each vendor and/or for every single product.
Commission for vendor
Commission for product
If you set both a custom commission by vendor and for a given product, the vendor commission settings will be overridden and the product commission settings will apply.