YITH Membership allows you to restrict access to the contents of your site (pages, posts, products, media) based on the membership plan the user is assigned.
The integration with YITH Multi Vendor consists of two parts, one related to what the admin can do (change the number of products that a vendor can publish based on the subscribed plan) and another part to what the vendors can do (create and manage their own membership plans). Let’s see more in detail below.
1. Admin – vendors plans with different number of products
With this integration, the admin will be able to create specific membership plans and edit for each of them the number of products that a vendor can upload on the marketplace.
This way, you might have different plans (with different prices) that a vendor can buy (at different prices) based on how many products they want to create and sell.
Just by way of example, you can have something like this:
- Bronze plan: vendor can upload and sell only 10 products for €100
- Silver plan: vendor can upload and sell only 20 products for €180
- Golden plan: vendor can upload and sell only 50 products for €300
To control these settings, just open the membership plan details and scroll down until you find the Multi Vendor section:
Additionally, if you combine this with YITH Subscription plugin, the payment of a membership plan can become a recurring payment and so vendors will be required to pay every month/week/year to keep their products visible and purchasable in your marketplace.
2. Vendors – let vendors create their own membership plans
Every vendor in the shop will be able to arrange his/her own products in one or more membership plans: only subscribers will be able to access the membership-related content.
To enable this specific integration, make sure you enable the Membership integration from the YITH > Multi Vendor > Modules tab.
Once the membership add-on is enabled, each vendor will be able to see a Memberships menu with two tabs:
- Plans: where they can create/view/edit/remove their own membership plans and include their products in it, and
- Members: where they can see find all users who have access to one or more of their membership plans.
For more details about how to create and manage membership plans, please, refer to the official documentation of YITH Membership.