The plugin allows creating an unlimited number of vendor shops. All must be combined to a registered user of the website.
To create a new vendor shop, go to the “Vendors” tab.
The following information is associated with each vendor:
- Name: name of the vendor (it is displayed in the product detail page).
- Slug: vendor’s slug; in case this information is not specified, WooCommerce will assign a slug to the vendor’s page.
- Description: description text for the vendor’s shop (it is displayed in the tab “Vendor” in the product detail page).
- Vendor Shop Owner: the owner of the shop to be associated to the current vendor; owners can manage products, information about their shop and view the list with received commissions. The field is mandatory as it is necessary to create a valid shop. If no owner is set for the shop, this will be disabled and products won’t be shown to users.
Shop administrator must be chosen among one of the users registered to the site
- Paypal Email Address: PayPal email address of the vendor.
- Enable Sales: when this option is disabled, products associated to this vendor will not be displayed in the store. This does not entail they have been removed from the store, but only that they will not be visible for users as long as this option is disabled.
- Commission: commission percentage owed to the vendor for each sale of a product associated to him/her. This value has to be the same for all vendors and can be set in plugin options in YITH Plugins > Multi-Vendor.
All vendor users in the shop will have the “Vendor” role in WordPress.