For each gift card type you want to sell, you’ll need to create a new “gift card” product type. Add a new product and choose “gift card” type.
The price of the gift card can either be a fixed amount or have variable amounts (including manual amount option).
To create a virtual gift card, you will have to select the checkbox “Virtual“.
For a fixed amount you decide the amount of the gift card. During the purchase, the customer will only see this price, there are no other options.
In case of a variable amount, the customer has the possibility to choose among pre-set amounts or manually insert the amount of the gift card.
To make this possible, you must enable the “Manual amount mode” in the product settings page and enable “Allow manual amount option on every kind of gift card” field in the general settings dashboard.
In the general settings page, you can also decide the minimal manual amount. For example 10, this means the customer needs to add at least an amount greater than or equal to 10.
By selecting default, the manual amount option will or will not be displayed, depending on the general plugin settings. If you did not enable “Allow manual amount option on every kind of gift card”, the manual amount will not be shown as an option.
To create a physical gift card (non-virtual), make sure that “Virtual“ is not checked. The product setting options are the same as the virtual gift card options. The only difference is, that there is no “email” field shown to the customer since the gift card will not be sent digitally.
By default, the system will associate a code to the gift card, after the order is completed. You will need to replace this code with the code that is specified on the gift card that has been sent physically. You can edit the code in the “gift cards” menu.
The default behavior can be changed by enabling the “Manual code generation” option, that you’ll find in the plugin settings dashboard. This is especially useful if you have pre-printed cards that already have a code assigned to them.
Go to the order page and click on the completed order. Here you can insert the gift cart code linked to the pre-printed physical gift card you will send (only for completed orders).
The new gift card with the code you inserted will be available in the Gift Cards section, only after saving the order.
In case the order is completed but no code has been assigned to the gift card yet, the plugin provides a notification immediately visible for the administrator.
No email will be sent in case of the situation described above.
The option “Gift this product” allows you to create gift cards based on products in your shop.
By activating the feature in the general plugin settings, the “Gift this product” button will appear on every product page. The gift card will have an amount equal to the amount of the specific product, and it will be suggested in the email that customers receive.
- Button label on product page: The text that will be displayed for the “gift this product” button.
- Shop page button: Show the “gift this product” button in the shop page.
- Email button actions: What will happen when the customer clicks on the redirect button in the email he received;
- Suggested product will be added to the cart.
- Discount will be applied in cart automatically.
- Email button redirect: Button that will be shown in the receivers email;
- Redirect to product page.
- Redirect to page of your choice.
- Email button label: The text that will be displayed for the “redirect” button in the receivers email.
If you have enabled the option Gift this product in the plugin general options, but you want to exclude specific products from this feature, you can do it directly from the product edit page through the related Disable gift this product checkbox.
In this documentation page we will analyze all the actions users can apply to a gift card, from purchase to coupon code use.
In order to add a gift card to cart, user must fill in the form and insert required information.
Let’s analyze singularly required information and their behaviour.
- “Style of the gift card”: default image of the gift card (selected in “YIT Plugins -> Gift Cards -> Logo of the gift card product”) can be changed by uploading a new image.
- “Recipient’s email”: Recipient’s email. Except for gift cards generated from one of the products in the shop, the field allows to add an unlimited number of recipients. A new gift card will be generated and added to cart for every new recipient.
Users will not be able to add multiple recipients when they will add to the cart more than one “gift card” product.
- “User name”: the name field is related to the name of the users that are purchasing the gift card,
- “Message”: message you want to send with the gift card to selected recipients
- “Delivery date”: The email that contains the gift card will be sent to the selected recipients right after the order will be completed. However, users can change the delivery date specifying the day in which they want to send the email.
If you want to deny users the possibility to change the shipping date, you can disable “Enable send later” field of settings dashboard
It is not possible to change the delivery date for more recipients at the same time: the only solution possible is to complete different orders for various recipients with different delivery dates.
If the form has been correctly completed, the product will be added to cart, ready to be purchased. The email, containing coupon code, will be sent to recipients only after the order has been completed.
At the same time, the gift card just generated will be added in the list of “Gift Cards” section.
Gift card list
Right inside “My Account” page all users can keep track of all the gift cards they own.
The gift card balance is only shown to the gift card owner.
In order to display the gift card in the “My Account dashboard”, users must have made at least one purchase with the gift card code.
As you can see in the sample image, it is possible to have access to orders related to each used gift card.
If you want to create a new gift card directly from the back-end without creating a new order, go to Gift Cards and click on the “Add new” button.
Insert the identification code to associate with the gift card.
Please note – insert a code in conformity with the pattern configured in YITH Plugins -> Gift Cards -> Code pattern
To associate the purchase value to the gift card, you must configure the following fields:
- Purchased amount: gift card amount (taxes included)
- Current balance: current purchasing power of the gift card
With regards to “virtual” gift cards, you must enable the checkbox highlighted in the screenshot below and complete the required fields.
PLEASE NOTE: If no email is inserted in the “Recipient email” field, the system will associate the gift card with the site administrator’s email address.
It is possible to edit all gift cards registered on the shop from the back-end in the available gift card list.
You can manually edit all the gift card details.
In this way, you can correct possible mistakes users made during the purchase, such as a wrong email address or delivery date.
The administrator can include custom notes in each of the gift cards registered on the site.
You can insert the notes in the “Internal notes” field available in the gift card editing page.
If the field does not show, please check if you have enabled the “Internal notes” option in the general plugin settings dashboard.
All gift cards generated after completing an order are registered in the “Gift Cards” area, which you can access from administrator dashboard.
As you can see in the image above, you’ll get some information for each gift card. Let’s analyze them singularly:
- “Title”: coupon code combined to gift card. User uses it to benefit from the gift card in the shop. The code can be used for different orders until the balance is ‘0’.
- “Order”: Order combined to gift card purchase.
- “Amount”: purchase potential of the gift card.
- “Balance”: remaining amount on the gift card.
- “Orders”: orders id in which coupon code has been applied.
- “Order total”: total amount of the orders on which it has been used. The percentage value represents the additional earning compared to the original coupon value.
- Expiration Date: the gift card is valid up until this date.
- “Information”: here you can find the recipient’s email address who used the coupon and information about email status; in case the email hasn’t been sent or received, it can be resend by clicking on the “Send now” button.
- “Date”: date of publishing the gift card.
Single gift card can be temporarily disabled by clicking on “Disabled” button. In that case the customer can not use it.
The admin will also have the possibility to download the pfd, by clicking on “Download PDF“.
Gift card orders
Each gift card is connected to an order in your shop. The plugin allows you to automatically change the gift card status in case the order acquires a “cancelled” or “refunded”status.
In both cases, the gift card status can become:
- “disabled”: it’s a temporary status which you can manually change, on administration side. In this status the user can not use the gift card.
- “Dismissed”: this status is irrevocable and the user can no longer use the card. Even if blocked, it will still be shown to shop administrator in the complete list of gift cards (example below).
Applying gift card code
Decide where the customer will be able to apply his gift card code.
- Apply gift card code on cart page: Customer will be able to add his gift card code in the cart page.
- Apply gift card code on checkout page: Customer will be able to add his gift card code in the checkout page.
In the dropdown menus you can select the exact position of the form. By enabling “Display the form directly” the customer can insert the code immediately instead of clicking on the link.
Set a minimum amount for the cart, customer can only apply the gift card if the total amount of the cart is higher than the given value.