You can choose to include any type of content to your memberships: a page, a post, a product or any other media uploaded on to the site. For each type of content in your site you can set the membership plan it is associated to, regardless of general configuration settings of the plan.
To do that, log in as admin to your site and open the page (or post or product) and select the membership plan you want to associate from the dedicated box that you can find on the right side.
The same content can be added to more than one membership plan. Moreover, you can choose to make this content available to users only after a specific number of days since purchase. To do that, check the option “Delay” that you can find below the select field for your membership.
When a membership plan is paused, also delay time will be posticipated.
As already said, also media files can be included in the membership.
In order to set a delay time on media, click on “Edit more details”.
You can manage access to membership contents from the option panel that you can find in YITH Plugins > Membership > Settings > Hide Contents.
The option “Hide Contents” allows you to regulate access to contents for users that are not registered to the membership. You can choose one of the following options:
- Hide all: content (posts, pages and products) are shown nowhere in the site but to members; if non-members try to access the content with a direct link, they will be redirected to your site 404 page.
- Show and redirect users: posts are available in the blog and products are available in shop page, but when non-members try to access details, they will be redirected to a URL that you have previously specified.
- Show alternative content: access to pages, posts and products is granted to anyone, but non-members will see an alternative content instead of the original one. Non-members cannot purchase products.
Alternative content can be added using the specific text area in the WordPress page of the product/page/post.
- Show membership history in My Account Page: show history of memberships from user in their My Account page.
- Allow guests to purchase membership related products: guests are able to purchase products linked to a membership, without getting access as a member.
- Membership advanced management: change membership settings, expiration date, status, credits etc.. note: only use when necessary.
- Membership plan on user registration: assign membership on registration.
Product in membership options
The option “Products in membership” allows you to manage products associated to the membership plan, select one of the following modes:
- Show products only members: products follow exactly the same behaviour decided for posts, pages and media in “Hide contents”.
- Show products to all and allow downloads for members: regardless of the behaviour chosen for shop contents, products can be accessed and purchased by everyone and downloadable products can be downloaded by all members.
If you choose to allow file downloading to all members, they will be able to download concerned products directly from product detail page.
You can change the position for the “download” button directly from settings panel.
In order to add a download button in the page, you can use the following shortcode [membership_download_product_links] by selecting the “Use shortcode” option.
Membership plans are the core of the plugin. With no membership configured, you cannot sort any kind of content. You can configure any membership plan you want. To create a new membership plan, go to Membership -> Plans and click on Add Plan.
Now you can configure the general settings of the plan and of the content included.
To configure the general settings of a membership plan, click on the “Settings” option of the page.
Firstly, select the product you want to assign to the membership. By purchasing this product, users will be able to access the content of the plan.
Product variations will be included in the list. In any case, even if not mandatory, we suggest to select only “Virtual”products.
Now with the “Duration” option, set for how many days the content will be available to all members of the membership. Set to zero to offer unlimited access to contents.
With the option “Linked Plans” you can link different plans. In this case, selecting a new plan, all members of the “Golden” membership will have access to all contents of the linked plan.
“Show contents in Membership History”: this option lets members of a membership to see the complete list of the contents of the plan from the “My Account” page.
If you have configured the membership plan and selected all elements included, click on “Save” button to save changes. Now, a complete list with selected elements for the membership is available in the bottom of the page.
If you can see next to the element the name of the category it belongs to, this element has been added from the section “Planned items” together with all other elements in the same category.
You can remove an element directly from the list only if it has been associated directly from detail page and not massively by specifying a category or a tag.
This list of elements will be available to users in “My Account” page (if so set) or in any part of your site where you decide to show it through the shortcode. You can edit elements from this panel: click on “Add title”, drag and drop the block into the list to divide it into sections and give a name to the new section.
You can also sort your elements differently and easily by simply dragging and dropping them.
By default, non-registered users cannot purchase a membership. To edit this behavior, activate the “Allow guests to purchase membership related products” option in YITH Plugins -> Membership > Settings.
This way, any user will be free to purchase a membership, with no need to be registered to the site. After the purchase, the system will create a membership with no user linked.
Administrators can link manually the related user to the membership when they want by accessing to the detail of the membership and selecting the user with the specific option.
You won’t be able to change or edit this user once added.