Step 3 – Registers
In this step, you can set up all the Registers available for the Store. Every Register might have different settings, regardless of other Registers of the same store. Please, see all the available options below:
- Register name: this is mandatory field that will help you identify Registers.
- Scan barcodes: enable this option if you want to let Cashiers scan items with a barcode scanner device from the POS view. Read more about this feature here.
- Payment methods: here you can choose which payment gateways will be available for this specific Register.
- Products to show: here you can limit the products that are purchasable from this specific Register. This option can be useful if you want to sell some products only in your WooCommerce online and make them unavailable in your physical points of sale, or if you have distinct departments.
In the example below, from this Register you can only purchase products in categories Accessories, Man, Woman.
- Show all products or products by category: choose here how you want to display products in the POS screen. You can show the category list, so the Cashier has to pick a category first and then find the product, or you can show all products in one view.
- Enable receipts: this option allows you to enable the Register to print sales receipt every time an order is placed. Make sure you’ve added a receipt template first in YITH > Point Of Sale > Receipts (as explained here). You will be able to pick one template from all the available templates.
- Enable Register closing report: enable this option if you want to let Managers and Cashiers download a Register closure report in CSV format, including all the information listed in the Closure window (opening times, closing time, cashiers logged in, sales by payment method, total sales, cash in hand and cash total).
- Enable Register final notes: this enables a dedicated box in the Register closure view, where you can add notes.
Go to YITH > Point of Sale > Store > Registers whenever you want to edit one or more of the above details for an existing store.