To start configuring your Points of Sale, go to YITH > Point of Sale > Stores: here you can set up one or more stores where you will use the POS system.
Click on Create your first store to add a new one, and you will be guided step by step to the full configuration.
Step 1 – Store information
In this step, you can enter the store information and contact details, social networks included. Below, you find the details you can enter.
- Store Name (required field)
- VAT number
- Full address
Step 2 – Store employees
Here, you can set up the employees of your store. You can add users with two different capabilities:
- Managers, who have full access to all registers and functionalities of the store.
Please note that you have to assign at least one manager for each store.
- Cashiers, who might have limited access to the store registers (e.g. being allowed to use only Register 1, but not Register 2). You can set these limits in the next step about Register settings.
You can either pick an existing user or add a new user profile from this screen:
Go to YITH > Point of Sale > Store > Employees whenever you want to edit one or more of the above details for an existing store.
Step 3 – Registers
In this step, you can set up all the Registers available for the Store. Every Register might have different settings, regardless of other Registers of the same store. Please, see all the available options below:
- Register name: this is a required field that will help you identify Registers.
- Scan barcodes: enable this option if you want to let Cashiers scan items with a barcode scanner device from the POS view. Read more about this feature here.
- Payment methods: choose which payment gateways will be available for this specific Register.
- Select products to show: limit the products that are purchasable from this specific Register. This option can be useful if you want to sell some products only in your WooCommerce online and make them unavailable in your physical points of sale, or if you have distinct departments.
In the example below, from this Register, you can only purchase products in the categories Accessories, Man, Woman.
- In Register dashboard show: choose here how you want to display products on the POS screen. You can show the category list, so the Cashier has to pick a category first and then find the product, or you can show all products in one view.
- Register visibility: select the cashiers among those set for the current store that will be able to view the register or not.
- Receipt: choose the receipt template to use for this store. You can create your receipt templates as described here.
- Enable Register closing report: enable this option if you want to let Managers and Cashiers download a Register closure report in CSV format, including all the information listed in the Closure window (opening time, closing time, logged-in cashiers, number of placed orders, number of sold products, sales by payment method, net sales, VAT, order tax and total tax – if enabled in WooCommerce – total sale, and cash total).
- Enable Register final notes: this enables a dedicated box in the Register closure view, where you can add notes.
Go to YITH > Point of Sale > Store > Registers whenever you want to edit one or more of the above details for an existing store.
Step 4 – Save store
Here you can review all the store details, employees, and registers and save the store. If there’s something that you want to change you can still go back to one of the previous steps and a draft copy of this store will be saved.
If you want to edit any of the above store information after the store is saved, you just have to go to the Stores tab, pick a store and edit the details.