To start configuring your Points of Sale, go to YITH > Point of Sale > Store: here you can set up one or more stores where you will use the POS system.
Click on Add new to add a new one, and you will be guided step by step to the full configuration.
Step 1 – Store information
In this step, you can enter the store information and contact details, included social networks. Following you find the details you can enter here.
- Store Name (required field)
- VAT number
- Full address
Step 2 – Store employees
Here you can set up the employees of your store. You can add users with two different capabilities:
- Managers, who have full access to all Registers and functionalities of the store.
Please note that you have to assign at least one manager for each store.
- Cashiers, who might have limited access to the store Registers (e.g. being allowed to use only Register 1, but not Register 2). You can set these limits in the next step about Register settings.
You can either pick an existing user or add a new user profile from this screen:
Go to YITH > Point of Sale > Store > Employees whenever you want to edit one or more of the above details for an existing store.
Step 3 – Registers
In this step, you can set up all the Registers available for the Store. Every Register might have different settings, regardless of other Registers of the same store. Please, see all the available options below:
- Register name: this is mandatory field that will help you identify Registers.
- Scan barcodes: enable this option if you want to let Cashiers scan items with a barcode scanner device from the POS view. Read more about this feature here.
- Payment methods: here you can choose which payment gateways will be available for this specific Register.
- Products to show: here you can limit the products that are purchasable from this specific Register. This option can be useful if you want to sell some products only in your WooCommerce online and make them unavailable in your physical points of sale, or if you have distinct departments.
In the example below, from this Register you can only purchase products in categories Accessories, Man, Woman.
Go to YITH > Point of Sale > Store > Registers whenever you want to edit one or more of the above details for an existing store.
Step 4 – Save store
Here you can review all the store details, employees and registers and save the store. If there’s something that you want to change you can still go backward to one of the previous steps and a draft copy of this store will be saved.
If you want to edit any of the above store information after the store is saved, you just have to go to the Stores tab, pick a store and edit the details.