YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter works only on WooCommerce pages.
For this reason, we suggest you make sure you do not add the plugin widgets on other pages of your site that are not WooCommerce archieve pages.
If your theme uses the WooCommerce standard templates, you don’t need to change the values shown in YITH > Ajax Product Filter > Front end tab
Otherwise, add the classes used in the template of your theme. If you don’t know them, please, contact the developer of your theme to get the correct classes.
Let’s analyze in detail how to recover the highlighted selectors, from the browser console, and add the correct ones to the plugin settings dashboard, as shown in the previous image.
- “Product container”: class of the selector of the general product container
- “Show pagination container”: class of the selector of the paging
- “Result count container”: class of the selector of the product counter
- “Scroll up to top anchor”: the HTML tag for the scroll to top feature
- “Widget titles”: class of the selector of widget titles
- “Widget wrapper tag”: the HTML tag for the widget wrapper
For the other options available in the Frontend tab, please, check the Scroll to top and Widgets pages.
When enabled, the “scroll to top” option lets the page automatically scroll up whenever a filter is selected. This way, your customers will always be able to see the list of filtered items starting from top and not miss any product.
The page scrolls up to the selector that you specify in “Scroll top anchor” in YITH > Ajax Product Filter > Frontend tab.
The “Scroll Top” can be enabled on desktop and/or mobile devices or can be disabled, through the dropdown option ‘Enable Scroll up to top‘ on the same settings page.
If you want to override your theme style with some custom CSS, just use the dedicated tab Custom Style that you find in YITH > Ajax Product Filter.
If you want to make sure that only the portion of products selected loads (and not the entire page) then, you can choose to enable the shop pagination in AJAX. This makes loading quicker.
To do that, just go to YITH > Ajax Product Filter > Settings and:
- enable the option “Enable ajax shop pagination”;
- specify the selector for the page number in Shop Pagination Container Anchor
You can also enable the following options:
- Show current categories: this option lets you show in the filters the current the category you are currently displaying. For example, if you are seeing “Jeans” category page, “Jeans” filter is automatically hidden.
- Show “All Categories” link: you can show a link to show all categories
- “All Categories” link text: edit here the text of the above link
- Show “All Tags” link: you can show a link to show all categories
- “All Tags” link text: edit here the text of the above link
- Enable Hierarchical Management for Product Tags: for more info, see this page.
The option Enable Hierarchical Management for Product Tags allows changing the standard functioning of WooCommerce tags and being able to list them hierarchically.
Go to YITH > Ajax Product Filter > Settings to enable it.
Once enabled, whenever you create or edit a tag you’ll see the option Parent tag where you can select the tag it belongs to, as well as you can do for categories.
If you want that the style on the frontend reflects this hierarchy, make sure you select the option Display > All (hierarchical) in the widget settings.
If you want to customize the tag view based on the level it belongs to, add the CSS code to your theme style sheet to identify the tags in the page.
Indexing of all the links generated by the plugin YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter can be managed thanks to the devoted option available in the tab “SEO”. Enable the option “SEO” to make the meta tag “robots” appear in the tag <head> of the page, in case there is an active filter.
Tag content can be set as follows:
- <meta name=”robots” content=”index,follow”>
- <meta name=”robots” content=”noindex,follow”>
- <meta name=”robots” content=”index,nofollow”>
- <meta name=”robots” content=”noindex,nofollow”>
If you want the page URL changes dynamically soon after the filter has been applied, enable the “Change browser URL” entry.