How can customers redeem their points? They will automatically see a message that informs them about how many points they have and the corresponding discount they can have on the next purchase. The message will be visible on the Cart page and they can decide whether to use them or not.
But, let’s see first, how to set up the rewarding conversion rules first.
In the Points options tab, select the section Redeem points where you can see the following options.
As you can see, the options are similar to the ones for points awarding, but they refer to the conversion of points into discount.
- Allow the users to redeem points: turn this on if you want that your users can use their points to get automatically notified of an available discount in Cart. Please, note: if you don’t enable this option, your users will not be able to redeem their points.
- Reward conversion method: here you can choose what the conversion should be from:
- Fixed price discount: this option lets you convert points into a fixed price discount. For example, every 100 points give €1 discount.
2. Percentage discount: this option lets you convert points into a percent discount in the cart. For example, every 50 points give a 30% off.
- Reward conversion rate: here you can enter the rule. This option updates dynamically based on the previous settings (fixed or percent discount).
Based on the selected method, the plugin will save different options, so whenever you want to switch you’ll be able to find your previous settings.
- Users that can redeem points: here you can choose which roles are enabled to redeem points. Leave All to allow everyone, or pick some roles if you want to restrict the redemption only to some of them.
- Use different redeem conversion rules based on the user roles: by enabling this option, you will be able to set a different conversion rate based on the user role.
Please, note: If more rules apply to the same user, only one will apply: this why you can set priority in the related section and choose one of the following options:
- Use the rule with lowest rewards: apply the rule that grants your users the highest reward (general reward settings included).
- Use the rule with highest rewards: apply the rule that grants your users the lowest reward (general reward settings included).
An example of the points redemption
This is an example of how your users will be invited to use their points to get a discount.
Clicking on Apply Discount will let customers use the maximum number of points available or fewer points if they enter the value in the related field like in the sample below :
Changing from 385 to 200 points will only apply a €2 discount.
- Delete used coupons: every time your users redeem their points with a discount in the cart, a coupon will be automatically generated. Keeping this option enabled will avoid you to see these automatic coupons in your WooCommerce > Coupons page. They will be automatically moved to the Trash, which is where you can find them in case you need to check them.
- Automatically redeem points on Cart/Checkout Page: enable this option to make sure that points are automatically used to offer a discount if the redemption conditions apply.
- Redeem box style: you can choose the style to apply to the box that allows redeeming points from default and custom. By selecting Custom, you can enter the message to show on Cart and Checkout page by taking advantage of the available placeholders.
- Offer free shipping when user redeem: enable this option if you want that the points-generated discount lets users not only to redeem points but also to take advantage of free shipping.Please, note: to make this feature work, you have to enable a free shipping method in WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping (learn more about this here).
Users will, then, be able to select free shipping on the Checkout page.
- Coupons allowed: pick what you want to do when your customers use their points and other WooCommerce coupon codes. You can choose one of the following options:
- Use only WooCommerce coupons: they will be able to use only the standard coupon, and they can’t use their points to get extra discounts.
- Use only points-redemption coupon: they will only be able to get the discount generated by their points.
- Use both coupons: they can use both discounts.