Before analyzing how to configure a new options group, we will start by making a few clarifications. The plugin allows creating three “typologies” of options group:
- “global”: options are inserted in all the products of the shop
- “by category”: the options group is applied to the products related to one or more specified categories
- “by product”: the options group is used only on the selected product.
The plugin allows creating options groups for variable products, but not for single product variations. The options group can be configured in the general product information and not in a different way for a single variation.
To create an options group of “global” or “category” typology, therefore available on all the products of your shop, go to Products -> Product Add-Ons and click on “Add new”.
Insert the name of the options group and select in “Products” field the products on which you want to show them. Leave the field empty if you want to show them on all the products of the shop.
Before inserting all the options of the group, configure the following parameters:
- “Priority”: the priority is used to give an order to show the options group in product page (in value ascending order)
- “Visibility”: the option allows choosing to hide the options group, to show it to all users or only to the administrator of the shop.
After saving the new group, click on “Add new type” button to insert a new option in the group. Read this section of the documentation to discover how to configure the option correctly.
To create an options group on single product, go to “create group” page and click on “YITH Advanced Product Options” tab. Insert the name of the options group and click on the “Add group” button.
By default, all the options groups configured in the product and all the “global” ones are available on the product itself. In case you want to show only the options group configured in the product, enable “Disable Globals”.