YITH WooCommerce Product Add-Ons allows you to create custom attributes for your product variations.
In this page, we will configure attributes together step by step, so that the way to do that will be as clear as possible.
Click on Products > Attributes and you’ll see a page like this.
To create a new attribute, you have to fill the following fields:
- Name: name of the attribute displayed in front end
- Slug: slug of the attribute (maximum lenght: 28 characters)
- Enable Archives: enable this if you want this attribute to have product archives in your store.
- Type: attribute type. Beside standard WooCommerce types, the plugin adds attribute types: Colorpicker, Image and Label.
- Default sort order: order to sort attribute terms
- Description: attribute description
In the example we are going to show you, we have chosen “colors” attribute
Once you have created an attribute, you have to add variations of it. Click on the button shown to enter the first variation.
To add a new color, specify the following required options:
- Name: color name (shown in frontend)
- Slug: slug for attribute variation
- Description: description associated to the attribute variation, shown in front end
- Colorpicker: choose the colour you want to assign to the current attribute variation using a colorpicker
- Tooltip: tooltip associated to the attribute variation and shown in product page
In our example, we have entered the following colors:
You can create new product variations directly from product detail page.
Open a product and, after adding an attribute, click on Add New to add a new variation.
In our example, the attribute type is “colorpicker” and, therefore, in the modal window that opens we will have to add colours for the new variation.
To associate the attribute “Colors” to the product, do exactly as you would do for any other attribute belonging to WooCommerce types.
Add the new attribute and values in the section Attributes in product page.
Once you have configured product settings through the created color attribute, we will see something like this in product detail page.
New attribute typologies which the plugin allows to use, in addition to WooCommerce standard ones, are: colorpicker, image and label.
Shown below you will find a pattern of each listed typology .