Yes, you can edit it in the product page and it will override the automatic one.
Yes, but only if you have enabled the option in the plugin settings dashboard. For further information, we recommend reading this page.
Yes, the plugin supports variable products. You can set a different barcode for each product variation.
Yes, you can do it. Go to the Product barcodes section of the plugin settings and then go to the option “Generate and apply barcodes to”, where you can select either All products (including those that already have a barcode) or Only products without a barcode. Please, refer to this page for more information about it.
The plugin does not support this feature natively, but you can do this using WooCommerce built-in export tool or an external plugin that export products, the barcode will appear in the export file as well.
The plugin includes some protocols that are GS1 compliant, and specifically: EAN-13, EAN-8 and UPC-A.
Yes. We don’t offer a native app to do that to scan, but we can recommend this one or any similar app:
- For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamma.scan&hl=en
- For IOS(apple): https://itunes.apple.com/app/scienzi/id1180168368
Any similar app can work too. Basically they make sure that you can use your phone as a barcode scanner.
These kind of apps generally work in a similar way:
- Make sure the phone and the computer are both connected to the same wi-fi network. This is required to use your phone as a scanner.
- Install the app in your computer to create the server that will be hosting the scanning sessions.
- Install the app on your phone, open it and start using it to scan. Your phone will be now working as a barcode scanner.