Step 1 – Add a new notification
By clicking on the “+ Add notification” button a popup will open and we will select the notification we want to create. In this case, we want to add a ‘Counter’ notification to show a number of people that have purchased, or are watching a certain product.
Step 2 – Notification name
The name you give in here, is for admin use only. The customer will not see this name, this is simply the title you give to the notification, it is a mandatory field.
Step 3 – Notification content
First we start by adding the text of the notification content. As you can see in the example below, you can edit the font, the size etc.
- Notification text: You can use the available placeholders %productname% and %number%. You can set the placeholder information in the ‘Placeholders’tab, as explained here.
On the right side you see a preview of the notification you are creating in real-time. It changes dynamically as you are editing the notification.
We decide we want to use the %number% placeholder, to show how many people are watching the product.
Step 4 – Image options
Now we decide to add or not add an image to the notification.
- Notification image: Decide to show no image, the product image or upload a custom image.
- Image position: Decide to show it above, left, right or under the text.
- Image alignment: Decide the alignment, top/bottom/left/right or center.
- Notification links to: When clicking on the notification, it redirects to:
- Nothing – no link: The notification is not clickable.
- The product page: Redirect to the product page.
- A custom link: Add a custom URL to redirect the customer
In this example we choose to show an image on the top left side.
For more information on the image position and alignment, check this page here.
Step 5 – Products to show
Now we can decide when we want to show the notification and which products it can or cannot include.
Use this notification to randomly promote:
- All products
- On sale products
- Featured products (set in WooCommerce > products).
- Recent products (latest added products).
- Select specific products (select which products to show).
- Select specific product categories (select which product categories to show).
In this example we select a ‘specific product to show’ which is the hotel room. This means that the counter notification is only applied on this product.
- Hide out of stock products: If an order has been made for a product that is now out of stock, the notification will not be shown.
- Exclude products: Decide to exclude products and/or categories from showing in notifications.
- Products to exclude
- Categories to exclude
Step 6 – Style
Moving on to the ‘Style’ tab where we can manage the colors, padding, background etc. of the notification.
- Width (px): Width of the notification.
- Background colors: Default color, and color on hover state.
- Add background image: Decide to show and upload a custom image as a background, instead of a color.
- Border radius (px): Decide to have square or rounded edges (0 for square).
- Padding (px): Decide the amount of space around the content.
- Shadow: Add a shadow color to the notification (eg. turquoise).
Again, on the right hand side, you can see the changes you apply directly in the preview.
Step 7 – Display options
The ‘Display options’ allow us to override the default options we have set, with regards to displaying the notification.
- Override default position: decide to change the default position of the notification.
- Select a position: decide where on the page to show the notification:
- Top left
- Top right
- Bottom left
- Bottom right
- Override default display options: Decide to change the default display options for the notification.
- Show this notification to: Show it to all users, only guest users, only logged in users.
- Additional geolocation filter: Decide to hide or show notifications to users from certain countries.
- Notification visibility on pages: Decide to show the notification on all pages or only specific pages.
- Notification visibility on product pages: Either show on all product pages, specific product pages or specific product categories.
- Decide to show or hide the notification on selected products or categories.
For example, we want to show this notification to users from Spain, although by default, these users do not see notifications. Because in the general ‘Display options’ settings, we have excluded that country.
Step 8 – Final result
On the frontend, the notification would look like this: