The plugin allows to use shortcode and widget to insert the registration form in your site pages.
Widget and shortcode refer to two different forms that must be configured in the plugin settings dashboard.
To insert the Mailchimp registration form through shortcode enter [yith_wcmc_subscription_form] in the site page.
The configuration options concerning the forms associated to widget and shortcode are the same as the checkout registration form. Therefore we suggest you to follow the instructions already analyzed in this page.
An essential note about the interest groups associated to the list (when available).
The plugin gives you the possibility to choose an action when the users register through widget or shortcode:
- if the user makes a request for the registration, he/she can be automatically inserted in one or more interest groups
- the user can choose the interest group to which he/she wants to register
Registration form fields
By default, the registration form has only the email field.
However, it is possible to add an unlimited number of fields. You can insert all the fields you have configured in the “List fields and *|MERGE|* tags” MailChimp section.
In case you needed to use the attributes of the shortcode, here you find the whole list available for you.
- title => (string) ‘form title’
- submit_label => (string) ‘submit botton label’
- email_type => (html/text) ‘preferential email type for the user’
- double_optin => (yes/no) ‘MailChimp double opt-in’
- update_existing => (yes/no) ‘update registered users with new data’
- replace_interest => (yes/no) ‘update interests of already registered users’
- send_welcome => (yes/no) ‘send welcome email to new users’
- list => (string) ‘MailChimp list ID’ Required field
- groups => (string) ‘interest groups to which registering the user using the format ID_GROUP-INTEREST_GROUP_NAME,ID_GROUP-INTEREST_GROUP_NAME,etc’
- fields => (string) ‘list fields in the format LABEL,MERGE_VAR|LABEL,MERGE_VAR’ Required field
- enable_style => (yes/no) ‘Enable custom style for the shortcode’
- round_corners => (yes/no) ‘Make “Submit” button corners round’
- background_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button background colour’
- text_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button text colour’
- border_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button border colour’
- background_hover_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button hover background colour’
- text_hover_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button hover text colour’
- border_hover_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button hover border colour’
- custom_css => (string) ‘custom CSS for the subscription form’