Plugin mode settings
First of all, choose the working mode you want to use from Checkout based and Product quantity table.
Checkout based mode allows you to set delivery dates for the whole order in processing methods.
Product quantity table mode allows you to set custom delivery dates for different products and will enable a table on the product page.
The plugin has the option Show DatePicker available in the Settings section to show or hide the datepicker on the frontend. You can choose the date format from the many made available by the plugin or set a custom one.
The delivery date will show with the selected format on the Checkout page.
Through the option Time increments, you can let users choose the delivery time from 1 minute to 1 hour. The value is expressed in minutes.
Time Slot Fee Settings
By enabling the option Fee taxable, you will be able to add taxes to the time slot fees (excluded by default). After enabling it, you will need to select the tax class to apply to your time slot fees.
Event calendar settings
To add the expected shipping and deliveries to the calendar, you need to specify through the option Order status all order statuses that will trigger this action.
Through the tab Processing options, you can create a new processing method: this will allow the system to calculate dynamically the first available date when the product will be entrusted to the carrier.
- In Required Workdays insert the minimum number of days required to process the order. This value will allow the system to calculate the first available date for the product to be entrusted to the carrier after a specified number of days (Workdays) since the order completion.
- In Workday, select the days on which you manage the order shipping.
This will allow the system to calculate the first available date to entrust the product to the carrier.
- In Select carrier, you must select the carrier(s) that will be in charge of the processing method. You must create carriers from YITH->Delivery Date->Carriers options.
- Shipping method applies the settings you have to configure in WooCommerce->Settings->Shipping->Shipping zones. From this section, click on Add new shipping zone and select a shipping method. Once selected, click on Edit to change its settings and add the Processing method.
Custom Processing Day
If the shipping for some products requires less or further days compared with what previously specified in “Required Workdays”, go to the section Custom Processing Day and insert the required number of days for the product or product category.
Here, you can also configure custom processing days depending on the product quantity ordered by the user. You can create unlimited quantity ranges both for product and product category. Moreover, every rule you create can be independently enabled or disabled.
If the cart includes several products and each of them has different delivery times, the maximum time will be applied to the whole order.
To add carriers entrusted of the product delivery, you need to click on Add new carrier available in the Carrier options tab. Once added, you can start configuring the available options.
- Estimated delivery day: through this option, you can set the number of days required for the carrier to deliver the order for the zone you can select from the dropdown. If you need to add different estimated days for your zones, you can do it by clicking on Add another estimated day for a zone.
- Workday: this option allows selecting the workdays on which the carrier will make the deliveries.
- Maximum number of days to select: this allows specifying and showing the maximum number of days required by the carrier to deliver from the first valid date.
Now, you can also configure your time slots.
The plugin gives you the possibility to show a message with the delivery date both to the carrier and to the customer on the single product page through the options Enable prompt delivery to carrier and Enable prompt delivery to customer.
- Enable prompt delivery to carrier: by enabling this option, you will show the date when the carrier usually picks up the product/s.
- Prompt delivery to carrier: this field allows inserting the text of the message to show the date when the product will be picked up by the carrier on the product page.
- Enable delivery to customer: by enabling this option, you will show the delivery date to the customer.
- Delivery to customer: this field allows inserting the text of the message to show the date when the product will be delivered.
- Alternative delivery text to customer: this field allows inserting an alternative text for the message when it is not possible to calculate the time limit.
- Position for the delivery message: you can select the position where to show the message.
Dynamic Delivery Message Customization
You can customize the background color and icons of Prompt delivery to carrier and Delivery to customer messages through the related options.
You can create an unlimited number of time slots for each day of the week and each carrier. In this way, users can choose the time they prefer for their delivery.
In order to do it, go to Carrier options, select the carrier, click on Add time slot and insert the available times for the deliveries.
For each time slot you can:
- limit the number of deliveries: if the maximum number of deliveries for the selected time slots has been already reached, the users can’t choose them for their delivery; however, they can still select the same day.
The value must be inserted in “Lockout”.
- assign an additional cost: receiving the order at the selected time slot will entail an additional cost. You can customize both fee name and price.
- specify the days on which it is available: by default, from when it has been created, the time slot is available for each delivery day that can be selected.
However, you can insert the specific days on which the time slot is available in “Set Workdays”.
It may happen that your customers need to change the delivery date and/or time after completing the order or maybe you must change the processing method or the carrier in charge of the delivery. In similar situations, the site admin has the possibility to edit the delivery details directly from the order edit page through the Delivery details metabox.
You can edit the following details:
- processing method
- processing date
- delivery date
- delivery times (from/to)
To easily find the orders to edit, you can filtering them by Shipping date and Delivery date.
All the shipping and deliveries expected in the future are registered in Delivery Date -> Calendar.
The expected shipping and deliveries are added to the calendar only when the order turns into one of the statuses you have specified in Settings->Event calendar settings->Order status.
You can also create holidays for those dates or time frames when the shop will be closed so that it won’t be possible to make deliveries during those days. For every holiday you create, you can specify the name, the carrier, the processing method, and the time frame. Moreover, you can enable or disable holidays singularly.
The plugin allows creating quantity tables through which you can configure a fixed or percentage cost or discount based on the quantity and on the days when the delivery will occur. After specifying the quantity, you can set the delivery as available or unavailable and enter a different value for every day like in the sample below.
Every table you create can be enabled or disabled depending on your needs.
Each table can be assigned to product categories or products with the related option Assign this table to. Based on your selection, you will be able to add the categories or the products on which you want to show the table.
With the option Required days, you can specify the number of days needed to prepare the products assigned to the table.
The option Set carrier for this table lets you add the carriers that will be in charge of the delivery.
Through the Privacy settings in the Email section, you can choose to let customers decide whether to receive an email for their order or not in compliance with GDPR.
To send an automatic email for each shipped order, check the specific checkbox that you find in the order edit page and click on Save button.
Now an email will be automatically sent to the user to inform him/her about the shipping of his/her order.
The email settings can be edited in “Delivery Date -> Email”.