The first step is to specify the delivery mode you set for your shop:
- classic: the product delivery is handled by yourself (it is the default mode used by the plugin)
- by carriers: the product delivery is entrusted to a third party service: the carriers
In case of delivery by carriers, go to YITH Plugins -> Delivery Date and enable “Carrier System”.
Now you can configure the settings related to your orders and insert the available days and time slots.
Go to this page to get detailed information about how to configure the delivery settings, both in case of “classic” and “by carriers” delivery mode.
The plugin has the option Show DatePicker available in the Settings section to show or hide the datepicker on the frontend. You can choose the date format from the many made available by the plugin.
The delivery date will show with the selected format on the Checkout page.
The second step is to create a new order processing method: this will allow the system to calculate dynamically the first available delivery date basing on the method selected by the user.
To create a new order processing method go to “Order Processing Method” and add a new element. You will get a screen like this.
- In “Workdays” insert the days required to process the order. This value will allow the system to calculate the first available delivery date after a specific number of days (Workdays) since the order completion.
- Select the days on which you manage the order shippings.
This will allow the system to calculate the first available delivery day and show it in “Checkout” page.
- The date shown will be “x” days far from the current day. “X” is the sum of workdays required for the shipping and workdays required for the delivery.
If the order is made on a workday but beyond the time limit, the delivery date will be calculated from the following workday.
If the shipping for some products requires less or further days compared with what previously specified in “Workdays”, go to YITH Plugins -> Delivery Date -> Custom Shipping Day and insert the required number of days for the product or product category.
If the cart includes several products and each of them has different delivery times, the maximum time will be applied to the whole order.
If you use the carriers system you need to associate the processing method to one or more carriers that you have created.
The last “essential” step for the plugin to work correctly requires to associate the “processing method”that we have created to one of the shipping methods configured for our shop. This will allow the system to offer different delivery days to the user, basing on the shipping method chosen in Checkout page.
Go to shipping method edit page and select the processing method previously created.
You can create an unlimited number of time slots for each day of the week. In this way the user could choose the time he/she prefers for the delivery.
In order to do it, go to “Delivery Time Slot” and insert the available time slots.
User could choose the best solution directly in the “Checkout” page.
For each time slot you can:
- limit the number of deliveries: if the maximum number of deliveries for the selected time slots has been already reached, the users couldn’t choose them for their delivery; however they could still select the same day.
The value must be inserted in “Lockout”.
- assign an additional cost: receiving the order at the selected time slot will entail and additional cost
- specify the days on which it is available: by default, since it has been created, the time slot is available for each delivery day that can be selected.
However, you can insert the specific days on which the time slot is available in “Workdays”.
In the “settings” tab of the plugin menu, you can set the time slot fee options.
- Fee taxable: by enabling this option you will set your fee to taxable (fee is always shown exclusive tax).
- Tax Class: decide which tax rate to apply, this is global.
All the shippings and deliveries expected in the future are registered in Delivery Date -> Calendar.
The expected shippings and deliveries are added to the calendar only when the order turns into one of the statuses you have specified in “Order status”
In case of “holiday”, insert the time frame for which the shop will be closed. It won’t be possible to make deliveries during those dates.
For each shipped order, check the specific checkbox that you find in the order edit page and click on save button.
Now an email will be automatically sent to the user to inform him/her about the shipping of his/her order.
The email settings can be edited in “Delivery Date -> Email”.