From the Inquiry Forms tab, you will be able to set up the inquiry form. Yet, you must have previously installed and set up forms with one of the following supported plugins:
Once you’ve installed at least one of the above plugins, you will be able to see the settings for printing one of your contact form on your product pages.
- Set inquiry form as: this allows you to choose on which products showing the custom inquiry form
- hidden in all products
- visible in all products
- visible in items of Exclusion list only
- Form plugin: choose here the plugin through which you’ve created the form
- Choose from: select here the form you want to use, you can pick one of those that you’ve previously created
- Show form in: then, you will be able to customize where the inquiry form appears on the product page and choose between an additional WooCommerce Tab or the product short description area.
1. WooCommerce tab
If you choose WooCommerce tab, a new tab will be added on your product page and you’ll be able to customize its title, the text before the form and whether to include a permalink to the product page in the email that you’ll receive or not.
2. Short description
As a second option you can embed the form in the product page short description.
If you choose this option, you can choose:
- form position:
- after price
- after short description
- after “Add to Cart” button
- Form style:
The following customizable options are available for the toggle:
- Toggle button text
- Toggle button text colors
- Toggle button colors
You will be able to set also a text before the form and whether to include a permalink to the product page in the email that you’ll receive or not.
If you are using the WPML translation plugin in order to have a multilingual site,
you can select one custom form for each language configured in your site.