YITH Automatic Role Changer for WooCommerce allows you to automatically assign a new role to your users or replace the one they had. Just configure the condition that will let them get a new role or switch from one to the other, choosing from the following ones:
- the user purchases a specific product
- the order total is within a certain price range
- the customer’s total spend falls within a certain price range
- the user purchases products from specific categories or tags.
The integration with YITH Role Based Prices allows you to forget about changing roles manually and automate your marketing strategies: your users will automatically see the updated price if they buy a given product, make a total spend etc.
To start using both plugins together, all you have to do is to activate both of them from the Plugins page in your WordPress dashboard.
Then, start configuring automatic change rules as explained in detail on this page.
Note: to make the role-based price show correctly, please, make sure that your users have no more than one role assigned. If they happen to have more than one user role at the same time, no role-based prices will be shown.
Configure three custom rules with YITH Role Based Prices plugin.
- 10% off for the role New customer
- 20% off for the role Returning customer
- 50% off for the role Loyal customer
Then, create the switch rules from YITH Automatic Role Changer settings panel:
- Switch from New customer to Returning customer if the customer’s total spend exceeds £500.
- Switch from Returning customer to Loyal customer if the customer’s total spend exceeds €1,000.
If you want to read more about how to configure YITH Automatic Role Changer for WooCommerce, please, refer to the plugin official documentation.