The ‘Security options‘ tab allows you to set certain safety checks for your customers, in order for them to create an account.
- Show reCaptcha in registration form: Enable reCaptcha on registration, the customer has to prove he is not a robot before creating an account.
- Send a verification email new users: After registering an email will be send to the customer with a verification link. In order to complete the account they will have to verify their email address.
- Without a verified account: If a user doesn’t verify the account:
- The user can’t login in the site
- The user can login but not purchase
- Block email domains: prevent that certain email addresses will be used to register an account, by blocking them. Example, if you want to block all emails ending with @hotmail.com, you give in “hotmail.com”.
How to get the reCaptcha Keys
reCaptcha system refers to Google “No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA”. In order to work correctly, it requires two data: reCaptcha site key and reCaptcha secret key. Follow these instructions to configure the reCaptcha correctly.
Once logged into your Google account, register a new site for the application and add the required data.
- Label: Identify the label of the reCaptcha you are activating.
- Domains: List of all domains where the Google reCaptcha system has been activated.
- Owners: Email addresses of all users, except yours, that can access the reCaptcha system settings that you are now registering.
Once entered all data and clicked on “Register”, you will be redirected to a new page, where you will find all data required for the plugin.
Enable the ‘Show reCapcha in registration form‘ option and enter “Site Key” and “Secret Key”. From now on, whoever wants to create a new account on your site, will have to prove they are no robot.