The security tab allows you to set certain safety checks for your customers, in order for them to create an account.
- Enable reCaptcha: customer has to prove he is not a robot before creating an account.
- Enable account email verification: after registering an email will be send to the customer with a verification link. In order to complete the account they will have to verify their email address. A customer who will not verify its account will either be:
- blocked from login
- blocked from purchase
- Block email domains: prevent that certain email addresses will be used to register an account, by blocking them. Example, if you want to block all emails ending with @hotmail.com, you give in “hotmail.com”.
How to get the reCaptcha Keys
reCaptcha system refers to Google “No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA”. In order to work correctly, it requires two data: reCaptcha site key and reCaptcha secret key. Follow these instructions to configure the reCaptcha correctly.
Once logged into your Google account, register a new site for the application and add the required data.
- Labels: identifying labels of the reCaptcha you are activating.
- Domains: list of all domains where Google reCaptcha system has been activated.
- Owners: email addresses of all users, except yours, that can access reCaptcha system settings that you are now registering.
Once entered all data and clicked on “Register”, you will be redirected to a new page, where you will find all data required for the plugin.
Once entered the data into “Site Key” and “Secret Key” in the plugin option panel, enable reCaptcha. From now on, whoever wants to create a new account on your site, will have to prove they are no robot.