An example will help us understand better how the plugin works.
Suppose we want to remove PayPal payment for users:
- who buy from France, Portugal, and Spain
- whose cart amount is lower than €150
- whose cart contains products in the category “Music”
If the cart contents meet these conditions, PayPal payment gateway will be removed from the checkout page and the custom message set in the rule will be shown to users.
If you use Direct Bank Transfer as one of the payment gateways in your store, you can automatically switch to a different BACS account if certain conditions are met.
Let’s see how.
First, make sure you have configured all your accounts in the BACS Account tab in the plugin settings panel.
Next, create a restriction rule by selecting “Direct Bank Transfer” and enabling the option Change BACS account.
Suppose you want to use a different account for users who buy from Italy.
Create the rule with Change BACS account enabled and a condition on Geolocalization, as in the example above.
In order to create new restriction rules on the gateways you’ve enabled, go to the plugin admin panel in YITH Plugins > Payment Method Restrictions and click on the Add new button.
Configure the rule as described below:
Enter the title of the rule you are going to create
Select the payment method that you want to exclude (if bank account is selected, the plugin allows switching automatically to another BACS account if the conditions are fulfilled. Read more about this feature here).
Add one or more conditions to the rule: the selected payment method will be removed from checkout only if all the conditions set are fulfilled.
Each condition can be of a different type:
- Product: one or all the selected products have to be in the cart.
- Category: one or all products in the selected category have to be in the cart.
- Tag: one or more products belonging to the selected tags have to be in the cart.
- Price: the total cart amount has to fall within the specified values.
- Geolocalization: buyers are from one of the selected countries.
- Role: the buyer has one of the selected roles.
- User: Specific users based on their name/email address.
Enter a custom message for users that only shows up if the rule applies and the gateway is, consequently, removed
You can use this message to inform users about the reason why the payment method is not available.
In the “General settings” tab you will find two options. The first option is to allow shop managers to manage payment restriction settings.
The second option lets you decide how geolocation works, if you want it to work based on:
- Using the IP Geolocalization
- Using the billing country
- Using the shipping country