Installing the Globe Theme
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information in regard to installing the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
1. InstallationBack to top
Upload via ftp:
First, unzip the zip archive you downloaded on your computer. Search the folder named Globe-Free.zip. Open this archive and upload the Globe folder to your server via ftp to the /themes/ directory on your Wordpress installation. (wp-content > themes)
Upload via Wordpress admin:
Go to your Wordpress admin, and in the Appearance-panel, choose Add New Themes. Click Add new. Upload the Globe-Free.zip.
Installing WordPress http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
2. Basic SettingsBack to top
General Settings (logo, favicon & more)
In Globe > Theme options > General tab you can set the basic settings of the theme:
- Turn on/off the responsive layout: I suggest you to active the responsive layout to have a theme that works fine with the mobile devices.
- Upload your custom favicon: a 16px square image for your url bar
- Turn on/off the custom logo: if you enable the custom logo, you have to upload your logo image. If you turn off the custom logo, you have to enter a text for your logo in Settings > General.
- Turn on/off the description under the logo: you can enter a tagline text in Settings > General.
Set the footer layout and content
You can use a footer with centered-align text or with text on the right/left side.
In our demo we are using the 2 columns footer our Centered Copyright.
The footer can be customized in Globe Free > Theme options > General > Footer.
Set the Top bar
In this theme is available a Header sidebar, that you can find in Appearance > Widgets.