Let’s analyze how to create and customize your text watermarks.
- Watermark text: (required field) enter the text that will be used as a watermark;
- Typography: choose the font of the watermark among the available ones (Dancing Script, Gochi Hand, Kurale, Open Sans, Play for Display, and Shadows into light two); the color (main color and opacity), and the size (in PT);
- Rotate text: define an angle between 0 and 360° to rotate your text;
- Show the text inside a box: by enabling this option, you can customize the background of the text:
- Padding: define the values to add the padding;
- Background color: choose the background colors (main color and opacity) of the box;
Other options are:
- Position: choose the position of the watermark (top, middle, or bottom);
- Alignment: choose the alignment of the watermark on the image (left, center or right);
- Margin: enter a value to set the margin between the watermark and the border of the image;
- Apply watermark to: choose whether to apply the watermark to all categories or only specific ones. By choosing Only specific categories, an additional required field will be added, through which you can select the product categories;
- Apply the watermark to these shop images: (required field) add the image formats to apply the watermark to:
- Product page: featured image on the single product page
- Archive pages: product thumbnail shown on the Shop page
- Product gallery: product thumbnail shown in the Gallery section of the product page (under the featured image)
- Full size (visible in modal): image with its original size visible in the modal window
Textual watermark on product page
Finally, if you want to apply the watermark to the whole product image by repeating the text, just enable the option Repeat text.
To see a preview of the watermark you are creating, click on the button Preview watermark. A modal will open and you will be able to have a preview to check what the watermark will look like.
After saving the watermark you have created, it will be listed in the Watermarks tab. To apply it to your product images, set the option Applied to YES.
The plugin automatically creates a backup of all product images when applying the watermark.
The files are stored in wp-content/uploads/yith_watermark_backup.