All global rules have to be created in YITH Plugins > Role Based Prices > Price rules.
With the bulk actions you can either delete or trash the price rule(s).
In order to add a new rule, click on “Add new role based price”.
To configure your rules assign a value to each of the following options:
- “Apply rule to”: user role to which you want to assign the currect rule.
- “Rule Type”: this option allows you to choose on which products it has to be applied or not:
- on all products
- on all products associated to the specified categories
- on all the products associated to the categories not selected as excluded
- on all products associated to the specified tags
- on all the products associated to the tags not selected as excluded
- “Discount or markup”: this option allows you to select the type of change you want to apply to the price. You can choose between “discount” or “markup” to current price.
According to the selected type, the value that you can specify in “Value” field will apply as price amount or as percentage discount/markup on product price.
- “Priority”: if more than one rule of the same type (Global, product category or product tag) are created for the same user role, priority allows you to create an order for rules to be applied. Ex. A priority-1 rule will be applied before a priority-10 rule.
- “Activate rule”: by default, the rule is created and immediately enabled. Yet, if you uncheck this option, you can disable the rule without having to delete it and enable it only when needed.
In case more than one rule of the same type has been configured for the same user role, they will be sequentially applied according to the priority they’ve been given. Global rules are ignored if at least one product rule has been configured in the product.
If you are not ready to publish the new rule, you can use the “save draft” option.