If you select the Default form, you will be able to configure many advanced fields and ask your users any type of information.
After selecting Default from the drop-down menu next to Request Form and having saved the settings, you will see dynamic options related to this form appear below the drop-down and a new tab called Default Form, where you can manage advanced options.
Clicking on the button Edit the default form will take you to the content of the Default Form tab. From this page, you can configure your own form.
To add a new field, enter a unique name to identify the field in the dedicated box, as shown in the image below and then click on Add field. Please, consider that this must be a one-word name and if you enter spaces they will be converted into underscores.
A popup will open where you can configure the new field.
- Name: this is the field name as it will appear on the backend.
- Type: choose the type of field among the available ones. This field does not appear in the four default fields and cannot be changed for them: first name, last name, email address and message.
Based on the selection, the available field options will change.
- Text: a small text field
- Phone: only numbers can be entered here; this field includes a validation check.
- Textarea: a bigger text can be entered here.
- Radio: users will be able to choose only one options among the many you upload.
- Checkbox: users will be able to either check or uncheck this option.
- Select: users will be able to choose one of the options from a drop-down menu.
- Country: this field will let your users pick a country among all the available ones.
- State: this field will let your users pick a state or region. If the Country field is has been entered and a country has been selected, the list of available states/regions for that country will automatically show up.
- Upload: users will be able to upload files. You can limit the file formats and extensions that can be uploaded.
- Multi select: users will be able to pick one or more options among the ones you enter.
- Date: users will be able to pick a date (choose date picker format in
- “form settings” tab).
- Time: users will be able to pick a time (choose a 12 or 24 hour set up in “form settings” tab).
- Heading: this will let you add a heading line among your fields, to make your advanced form look better.
- Label: enter here the field name as it will appear on the frontend.
- Placeholder: enter here the placeholder text to show in the field box. This will help your users understand how to use this field.
- Position: you can choose among First, Last and Wide. First will place the field on the left side, Last on the right, Wide will make the field take the whole width of the form.
- Options: this field, available only for specific types, will let you enter the options among which your users can choose.
- ID: this field, available only for the State field, will let you select which field it will depend on between shipping or billing country.
- Allowed extensions: this option, available only for the Upload field, will let you enter a list of the only allowed extensions. Separate values with a comma or leave it blank to allow any type of file.
- Max file size (MB): this option, available only for the Upload field, will let you enter a maximum size allowed for the uploaded files. Leave it blank to allow files of any size.
- Class: here you can enter your own CSS rules to edit the style of the field.
- Label class: here you can enter your own CSS rules to edit the style of the label of the field.
- Connect field to: this option is very important, because it lets you match the fields of the quote request form with the checkout fields. This way, the information entered here by your users during the quote request will automatically populate the ones in the order and on the checkout page if they complete the purchase.
Please, note: to make this field work the right way you have to select the option Override shipping and billing info in the quote details.You can pick any WooCommerce field:
- Validation: this field lets you choose among three validation options for your fields.
- Phone: will check if all characters entered are numbers
- Email: will check if an email address format ([email protected]) has been entered
- File: will check if the file extension and size match the ones specified by the admin
Edit Request a Quote email
If you choose the default form, you will also be able to edit the content of the email that is sent to the admin every time a new quote request is sent. From the tab Form settings, click on Edit Request a Quote email and you’ll be able to edit the settings. For more details about this email, please, check this page.