YITH WooCommerce Recently Viewed Products allows you to show the recently viewed products of the users in the product detail page, or using the related widget and shortcodes.
The major new feature is that, in addition to using the cookie to store the information of logged and non-logged users, the plugin will also store the information of logged users in the database.
In this way, when users log to the site, the cookie will be deleted and its information stored in the database. Doing so will let users see their recently viewed products regardless the browser used, as the system will get these information directly from the database (and not from a cookie).
The general settings of the plugin are available in the “Settings” tab you can find in YITH Plugins -> Recently Viewed Products.
- Set cookie time: the number of days in which the cookie will store the information of non-logged users.
- Section title: text shown above the section of the recently viewed products (see the example below).
- “View All” link: link text that redirects users to the “Recently Viewed Products” page (see the example below).
General settings with regards to the products:
- Select which products to show: this option lets you decide to show only recently viewed products, or also similar products that share the same category or tag.
- Set number of products: number of products to show. Set to -1 to show all products in list.
- Set products per row: number of products you want to show per row.
- Products order by: show in which order to display the products: sales, price, publication date or random.
- Hide out-of-stock products: hide the products that are momentarily unavailable.
- Hide free products: hide products that are free.
- Excluded purchased products: this option will not display the already purchased products in the recently viewed products section.
- Only the most viewed category: display only the products of the most viewed category of the user.
- Enable slider: activate/deactivate the slider mode for products
- Enable slider autoplay: enable this option if you want the slider to scroll automatically.
- Add shortcode in single product: option to automatically add the plugin shortcode in the single product page.
RECENTLY VIEWED PRODUCTS PAGE
The page of the recently viewed products will be created automatically when the plugin is activated. It offers users the complete list of the recently viewed products, in addition to the freedom to filter them by category.
Each product can be removed by the list with a simple click on the X Remove button available in the page.
If users open the page without any viewed product, the list will be empty. The plugin will show you a message that you can customize from the related option in the option panel of the plugin:
General email settings
- Schedule email: Set how many days have to pass since the last user login to send the email.
- Thumbnail size: Set the size of the product images of the email Note: Regenerate the thumbnails of your products to have them correctly implemented by the plugin.
- Enable Mandrill: Authorize Mandrill to send email adding the API KEY of your account
- Add Google Analytics to email links: This is an option to add some Google analytics parameters to the links in the email.
For the more specific email settings, take a look at the Email settings chapter.