To create a pre-order type of product, go to WooCommerce > Add Product.
Now, scrolling down to Product Data, you will find the “Set as Pre-Order” option, right by Virtual and Downloadable:
Now a new tab called Pre-Order will be created, including all of the options related to this plugin:
Use For sale date option to set the date and time for the end of the pre-order period.
Customize the text of the pre-order button for the product, thanks to the “Pre-Order Label” option. In case you don’t customize it, the default one will displayed, which can be customizable in Label Settings in YITH Plugins > Pre-Order.
And this is what your pre-order product will look like in the product page:
The plugin supports variable products and allows managing the pre-order status differently for each product variation.
Let’s see how to do it.
Select the variation you want to configure and set the pre-order status through the related checkbox, as shown in the image.
Now, the new options added to the variation show and let you configure the pre-order status.
In the variation, you can set:
- for sale date: set the date when the product will be for sale
- pre-order label: label to show for the selected variation on the pre-order button
- price: you can set the pre-order product price in three different ways
- fixed: the pre-order product price will be in the same amount of the specified value
- Discount the selling price: the pre-order product is purchasable with a discount (by setting the value) on the selling price
- Markup the selling price: the pre-order product is purchasable with a markup on the selling price.
To show the corresponding label for variable pre-order products, you’ll need to enable the option in “Label settings” which you will find in the general plugins settings menu.
Note: only if all variable options are set as “pre-order” the label will be shown.