The site administrator can register a new vendor any time through the “Vendors” section of the WordPress administration dashboard.
These are the requested data for a new vendor to be registered:
- Name: name of the vendor (it is displayed in the product detail page).
- Slug: vendor’s slug; in case this information is not specified, WooCommerce will assign a slug to the vendor’s page.
- Description: description text for the vendor’s shop (it is displayed in the tab “Vendor” in the product detail page).
- Vendor Shop Owner: the owner of the shop to be associated to the current vendor; owners can manage products, information about their shop and view the list with received commissions. The field is mandatory as it is necessary to create a valid shop. If no owner is set for the shop, this will be disabled and products won’t be shown to users.
- Paypal Email Address: PayPal email address of the vendor.
- VAT/SSN: vendor’s VAT. It can become a mandatory field if it set in this way in “Multi Vendor -> Front Page -> VAT/SSN number”
- Enable Sales: when this option is disabled, products associated to this vendor will not be displayed in the store. This does not entail they have been removed from the store, but only that they will not be visible for users as long as this option is disabled.
- Skip admin review: if activated, all the products created by the vendor will be published without the need to be approved by the administrator
- Commission: commission percentage owed to the vendor for each sale of a product associated to him/her. This value overwrites the general one specified in “Commission Base” field of plugin options dashboard.
For each registered shop without an “owner”, the system will generate a notification right inside the WordPress “Vendors” page. The information is essential to allow the plugin to work in the correct way.