All the vendors in the shop can organize their own products directly in their reserved area logging to the site through their access credentials.
However, you have the chance to limit the number of products they can place in the site enabling in “YITH Plugins -> Multi Vendor -> Vendors” the “Enable product amount limit” field and inserting an amount limit.
As the default, products connected to vendors are displayed both in vendor’s detail page and in WooCommerce file archive pages. In any event, this behavior can be changed by activating “Product listings” option. In this case, users will have access to products only in the vendor’s detail page. We suggest you insert YITH Vendor List widget to simplify the research to users.
Skip admin review
Every new product can be directly published by the vendor or only after the administrator’s review. If you think your approval isn’t essential you can enable “Skip admin review” option.
It is a general option which is valid for all vendors registered in the shop. However, you can set a different behavior for each vendor by enabling or disabling the same field in vendor’s configuration page. (For more details about vendor’s detail settings browse this page).
If you changed “Skip admin review” option in plugin settings dashboard and you want to make the change valid for all vendors
registered in the shop, click “Force “Skip reviews” option for all vendors” button.
Assign products manually
The super administrator can associate the product with the vendor manually in two different ways:
- singularly: the vendor is selected in edit product page
- in a massive way: after selecting all the products, select the vendor after clicking on “Edit” from“Bulk Actions” menu.
All registered users can ask to become vendors through the registration form in the“Become a vendor” page.
This page is automatically generated during plugin activation and includes a “[yith_wcmv_become_a_vendor]” shortcode which allows the insertion of the registration form.
If the page isn’t available or you want to insert the registration form in a different page, just add the shortcode in the page and select it in “Become a vendor” page from the plugin settings dashboard in“Frontpage” section.
The following image shows the registration form created by the shortcode.
To allow unregistered users to request to become vendors you have to activate the Enable Vendors registration in “My Account” page option you can find in YIT Plugins -> Multi Vendor -> Frontpage.
The option, in Multi Vendor -> Frontpage lets you activate the registration of the vendors directly from the “My Account” page of the shop.
In order to make the option work correctly, the registration in “My Account” page should be already enabled from WooCommerce > Settings > Account
The user, after registration, can have access to his/her own reserved area (url site/wp-admin) by inserting the username (acquired from the pair “Owner First Name” and “Owner Last Name”) and password.
The site administrator can register a new vendor any time through the “Vendors” section of the WordPress administration dashboard.
These are the requested data for a new vendor to be registered:
- Name: name of the vendor (it is displayed in the product detail page).
- Slug: vendor’s slug; in case this information is not specified, WooCommerce will assign a slug to the vendor’s page.
- Description: description text for the vendor’s shop (it is displayed in the tab “Vendor” in the product detail page).
- Vendor Shop Owner: the owner of the shop to be associated to the current vendor; owners can manage products, information about their shop and view the list with received commissions. The field is mandatory as it is necessary to create a valid shop. If no owner is set for the shop, this will be disabled and products won’t be shown to users.
- Paypal Email Address: PayPal email address of the vendor.
- VAT/SSN: vendor’s VAT. It can become a mandatory field if it set in this way in “Multi Vendor -> Front Page -> VAT/SSN number”
- Enable Sales: when this option is disabled, products associated to this vendor will not be displayed in the store. This does not entail they have been removed from the store, but only that they will not be visible for users as long as this option is disabled.
- Skip admin review: if activated, all the products created by the vendor will be published without the need to be approved by the administrator
- Commission: commission percentage owed to the vendor for each sale of a product associated to him/her. This value overwrites the general one specified in “Commission Base” field of plugin options dashboard.
When the vendor’s profile has been created, a user who is indicated as “Shop Owner” could have access to the reserved area by inserting his/her registration credentials.
For each registered shop without an “owner”, the system will generate a notification right inside the WordPress “Vendors” page. The information is essential to allow the plugin to work in the correct way.