Decide what will happen when a customer visits the registration page and registers to your site.
- Subscribe customers on registration: when he registers, customer will be subscribed to your newsletter automatically.
- Show “Newsletter subscription” checkbox: show checkbox in registration form to subscribe to newsletter.
- “Newsletter subscription” label: change label text of checkbox.
- Show “Newsletter subscription” checked: show checkbox as ‘checked’ automatically.
If the “Double Optin” option is enabled, an email will be sent to the user who has completed the order on your shop. The subscription to the MailChimp list occurs only if the user gives his/her consent by the specific button available in the email.
The plugin allows to use shortcode and widget to insert the registration form in your site pages.
Widget and shortcode refer to two different forms that must be configured in the plugin settings dashboard.
To insert the Mailchimp registration form through shortcode enter [yith_wcmc_subscription_form] in the site page.
The configuration options concerning the forms associated to widget and shortcode are the same as the checkout registration form. Therefore we suggest you to follow the instructions already analyzed in this page.
An essential note about the interest groups associated to the list (when available).
The plugin gives you the possibility to choose an action when the users register through widget or shortcode:
- if the user makes a request for the registration, he/she can be automatically inserted in one or more interest groups
- the user can choose the interest group to which he/she wants to register
Registration form fields
By default, the registration form has only the email field.
However, it is possible to add an unlimited number of fields. You can insert all the fields you have configured in the “List fields and *|MERGE|* tags” MailChimp section.
In case you needed to use the attributes of the shortcode, here you find the whole list available for you.
- title => (string) ‘form title’
- submit_label => (string) ‘submit botton label’
- email_type => (html/text) ‘preferential email type for the user’
- double_optin => (yes/no) ‘MailChimp double opt-in’
- update_existing => (yes/no) ‘update registered users with new data’
- replace_interest => (yes/no) ‘update interests of already registered users’
- send_welcome => (yes/no) ‘send welcome email to new users’
- list => (string) ‘MailChimp list ID’ Required field
- groups => (string) ‘interest groups to which registering the user using the format ID_GROUP-INTEREST_GROUP_NAME,ID_GROUP-INTEREST_GROUP_NAME,etc’
- fields => (string) ‘list fields in the format LABEL,MERGE_VAR|LABEL,MERGE_VAR’ Required field
- enable_style => (yes/no) ‘Enable custom style for the shortcode’
- round_corners => (yes/no) ‘Make “Submit” button corners round’
- background_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button background colour’
- text_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button text colour’
- border_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button border colour’
- background_hover_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button hover background colour’
- text_hover_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button hover text colour’
- border_hover_color => (string) ‘hexcode for “Submit” button hover border colour’
- custom_css => (string) ‘custom CSS for the subscription form’
The plugin gives you the possibility to export directly from your store a set of users for your MailChimp list.
You can export automatically to your MailChimp account or manually on CSV file.
Let’s analyse each option in detail to understand how they work.
- MailChimp list: MailChimp list to which you want to export the list of users coming from your store.
- Email type: type of email generated by MailChimp that will be sent each user imported from your store.
- Double Opt-in: each user will receive a notification email, in which they will confirm their subscription to the newsletter.
- Update existing: if users are already registered to MailChimp list, their profiles will be updated.
- Users set: users of your shop that you want to export to the specified MailChimp list. You can choose among three different possibilities:
- all users
- all users registered to your store
- only specific users that you add manually
- you can filter users by product, category, tag of the purchased products or order completion date.
If you have exported your users list in CSV format, we suggest you to follow the Mailchimp guidelines
in order to import in the correct way.
Compatible with YITH WooCommerce Waiting List
Thanks to the compatibility with YITH Woocommerce Waiting List, you can export, among the users, also those who requested to be notified when the product they showed interest in will be available again.
In order to do it, select “Waiting List” in “Users Set” and choose the MailChimp field where the wishlist will be saved.
With the Store integrations option, you can now register all order performed on your store to MailChimp. You can create campaigns targeted on customer purchasing preferences.
You can sync again at any time, just click on the ‘Sync again’ button and the process will be repeated.
Apart from the sync process, the store integration just interacts with the default subscription process. So the customer purchases, accepts to be registered to MailChimp, his mail is registered, and also his current order is registered.
With the store integration enabled, YITH MailChimp plugin registers data of your customers that you can then use to create custom campaigns in your MailChimp account.
Registered data are:
- Orders: this information allows creating campaigns for first-time customers (number of orders placed), best customers (Spent) and similar features.
- Products and product variations: this information allows creating follow-up campaigns and segment your customers based on what they’ve purchased.
- Coupons: this keeps track of coupon codes used in your customers’ orders.
- Carts: this records the cart contents (items, price, etc.) of logged in users and can be used for recover-abandoned-cart campaigns and similar.
Below you will find a couple of examples with regards to the possibilities ‘store integration’ offers.
Available options in MailChimp for connected stores:
E-commerce activity for a subscriber:
E-commerce revenue for a subscriber:
Available options for campaigns, related to the store integration:
Abandoned cart email, first-time customers, reward your best customers, retarget site visitors, order notifications, follow up on purchase, win back lapsed customers, postcard
Available options for segmenting related to the store integration:
The plugin is ready to use with the new Gutenberg editor. When you add a new post or page, you will be able to find our YITH shortcodes and widgets. With a simple click they will be added to your page.
This plugin fully supports Elementor. When using the Elementor editor, you will be able to find the widget YITH Mailchimp Subscription Form and edit:
- General settings
- Mailchimp settings and
YITH WooCommerce Checkout Manager is a plugin that allows you to customize the checkout fields by adding, removing or editing any of them. You can take advantage of many types of fields.
The integration with YITH MailChimp allows recording information related to checkout fields that have been added or edited through YITH Checkout Manager for a perfect integration of your store features.
Just install and activate both of them to make sure that the integration can work: no other action is required from your side.
Read more about how to set up YITH Checkout Manager in the official plugin documentation.
YITH WooCommerce Membership is a plugin that allows you to organize the content of your site into plans and make it accessible only to users who have paid for it. With this plugin, you can offer your users a wide selection of products in exchange for a cost.
The combination with YITH WooCommerce MailChimp the admin can set up Mailchimp lists in the membership plans. So when a user becomes a member they will be added to the selected Mailchimp list.
To do that, just make sure you’ve installed and activated both plugins from the Plugins menu and configured both plugins based on your needs.
Then, open a membership plan: you’ll see a metabox on the right side, called MailChimp, where you specify the list to which users have to be subscribed whenever they have this membership plan activated.
Also, you can enable or disable the checkbox in the same metabox: Unsubscribe when expired or cancelled. If you enable this option, every time the membership expires, the user’s email address will be removed from the related MailChimp list. If disabled, the email address will be kept even if the plan expires or is cancelled.
For any further details about YITH Membership, please, refer to the official documentation here.