In this documentation page we will analyze all the actions users can apply to a gift card, from purchase to coupon code use.
In order to add a gift card to cart, user must fill in the form and insert required information.
Let’s analyze singularly required information and their behaviour.
- “Style of the gift card”: default image of the gift card (selected in “YIT Plugins -> Gift Cards -> Logo of the gift card product”) can be changed by uploading a new image.
- “Recipient’s email”: Recipient’s email. Except for gift cards generated from one of the products in the shop, the field allows to add an unlimited number of recipients. A new gift card will be generated and added to cart for every new recipient.
Users will not be able to add multiple recipients when they will add to the cart more than one “gift card” product.
- “User name”: the name field is related to the name of the users that are purchasing the gift card,
- “Message”: message you want to send with the gift card to selected recipients
- “Delivery date”: The email that contains the gift card will be sent to the selected recipients right after the order will be completed. However, users can change the delivery date specifying the day in which they want to send the email.
If you want to deny users the possibility to change the shipping date, you can disable “Enable send later” field of settings dashboard
If the form has been correctly completed, the product will be added to cart, ready to be purchased. The email, containing coupon code, will be sent to recipients only after the order has been completed.
At the same time, the gift card just generated will be added in the list of “Gift Cards” section.
Gift card list
Right inside “My Account” page all users can keep track of all the gift cards they own.
The gift card balance is only shown to the gift card owner.
In order to display the gift card in the “My Account dashboard”, users must have made at least one purchase with the gift card code.
As you can see in the sample image, it is possible to have access to orders related to each used gift card.