Discount mode Special Offer allows you to configure a discount on an x quantity of a product, given that a y quantity of the selected product is available in the cart.
Go to the Price Rules tab of the plugin settings dashboard and insert the name of the new rule. Now click on the Add new rule button and select Special offer.
The quantity discount allows you to offer a discount on specific products when users added to cart one or more items you previously selected.
Before analyzing how to configure the rule detail, you must know how to select products.
In “Apply adjustment to” field, select the products on which you want to apply the discount, and in “Apply To” field, select the products on which you want to apply the control for the quantity in the cart.
The variable products are supported: the plugin allows to select single product variations in correspondence to “Apply to” and “Apply Adjustment to” options
Select in “Apply to” the product typology on which you want to apply the control for the quantity “Cart” page.
You can choose from:
- all products in the cart
- only selected products
- all products of the shop except selected ones
- all products related to one or more product categories
- all products of the shop that are related to the specified categories
- all products of the shop that are related to the specified tags
- all the products related to one or more vendors (possible only if you are using YITH WooCommerce Multi Vendor)
Apply adjustment to
When there are the minimum required conditions to use the discount, the rule is applied only to products specified in “Apply Adjustment to”.
The discount can be applied:
- to the same products on which the control of the quantity has been applied
- to all products in the cart
- to all products you selected
- to all products in the cart except those you selected
- to all products in the cart that are related to one or more categories
- to all products in the cart except those related to selected categories
The quantity is calculated according to how it has been selected in “Quantity based”.
Before analyzing the possible options, we must specify that the requested quantity must be inserted in “Special offer Rules -> Purchase”
Let’s analyze the possible options available in the plugin to calculate the quantity of product in the cart:
- “Item quantity in cart line”: the quantity is calculated on each product line in the cart, among those selected in “Apply to”.
Product variations are considered as different products, for this reason (in this modality) two or more variations of the same product aren’t added up.
Shown below, two screens for example.
In relation to the example above, the rule provides, in case one of the products added in the cart has a quantity of 2, a 100% discount on “headphone Over-Hear”. The product that satisfy this condition is “Transformer book T3000”.
- “Single Product”: the quantity is calculated separately for all the products added to cart, among those selected in “Apply to”. The difference compared with the previous case, is about variations of the same product which are considered by the system as a unique product and, therefore, their quantities are added up.
Here is an example to explain it better.
The discount rule has been set as follows: if there are 2 “Headphone Over-Ear” in the cart and/or 2 “Camera Bag”, a 100% discount will be applied on “Transformer Book T300” product.
As shown in the second image, the discount has been correctly applied, as both “Camera Bag” and two variations of “Headphone Over-Ear” guaranteed the requested quantity (regarding variations, their quantities have been added up and considered as unique).
- “Single product variation”: the quantity is calculated separately on all products in the cart that are among those selected on “Apply to”.
Please note: each single product variation is considered as single product and their quantities are not added up.
In this case, the discount has been applied because one variation of “Headphone Over-Ear” (one of the products selected in “Apply To”) has a quantity of 2 and the condition of minimum requested quantity has been satisfied. Differently from the previous case, this time each single variation is considered as single product and the total quantity of variations is not a valid element to satisfy the rule.
- “Sum of all products in list or category list”:to apply the discount, the number of products added to the cart (chosen among those specified in Apply to) has to be specified in Special Offer Rules > Purchase.
In our example, as we have selected quantity as 2, cart has to contain at least 2 items of the specified product if we want the discount to be applied.
Enabling option “Repeat” allows to repeat the application of the discount each time conditions are satisfied. For example, if we have set these values “Purchase > 2”, “Receive > 1” and “Repeat > true”, the discount will be applied to the product listed in “Apply adjustment to” each time two items of the products specified in “Apply to” are purchased.