You can edit the format that shows the product price from the plugin settings dashboard if a “quantity discount” type rule provides a discount on that product.
Go to the plugin Settings tab and set the format you want in Price Format.
You can use: %original_price%, discounted_price% e %percentual_discount%.
Note: enable the option “Show minimum price for products with quantity discount enabled” to see the minimum discounted amount
Discount mode Special Offer allows you to configure a discount on an x quantity of a product, given that a y quantity of the selected product is available in the cart.
Go to the Price Rules tab of the plugin settings dashboard and insert the name of the new rule. Now click on the Add new rule button and select Special offer.
The quantity discount allows you to offer a discount on specific products when users added to cart one or more items you previously selected.
Before analyzing how to configure the rule detail, you must know how to select products.
In “Apply adjustment to” field, select the products on which you want to apply the discount, and in “Apply To” field, select the products on which you want to apply the control for the quantity in the cart.
The variable products are supported: the plugin allows to select single product variations in correspondence to “Apply to” and “Apply Adjustment to” options
Select in “Apply to” the product typology on which you want to apply the control for the quantity “Cart” page.
You can choose from:
- all products in the cart
- only selected products
- all products of the shop except selected ones
- all products related to one or more product categories
- all products of the shop that are related to the specified categories
- all products of the shop that are related to the specified tags
- all the products related to one or more vendors (possible only if you are using YITH WooCommerce Multi Vendor)
Apply adjustment to
When there are the minimum required conditions to use the discount, the rule is applied only to products specified in “Apply Adjustment to”.
The discount can be applied:
- to the same products on which the control of the quantity has been applied
- to all products in the cart
- to all products you selected
- to all products in the cart except those you selected
- to all products in the cart that are related to one or more categories
- to all products in the cart except those related to selected categories
The quantity is calculated according to how it has been selected in “Quantity based”.
Before analyzing the possible options, we must specify that the requested quantity must be inserted in “Special offer Rules -> Purchase”
Let’s analyze the possible options available in the plugin to calculate the quantity of product in the cart:
- “Item quantity in cart line”: the quantity is calculated on each product line in the cart, among those selected in “Apply to”.
Product variations are considered as different products, for this reason (in this modality) two or more variations of the same product aren’t added up.
Shown below, two screens for example.
In relation to the example above, the rule provides, in case one of the products added in the cart has a quantity of 2, a 100% discount on “headphone Over-Hear”. The product that satisfy this condition is “Transformer book T3000”.
- “Single Product”: the quantity is calculated separately for all the products added to cart, among those selected in “Apply to”. The difference compared with the previous case, is about variations of the same product which are considered by the system as a unique product and, therefore, their quantities are added up.
Here is an example to explain it better.
The discount rule has been set as follows: if there are 2 “Headphone Over-Ear” in the cart and/or 2 “Camera Bag”, a 100% discount will be applied on “Transformer Book T300” product.
As shown in the second image, the discount has been correctly applied, as both “Camera Bag” and two variations of “Headphone Over-Ear” guaranteed the requested quantity (regarding variations, their quantities have been added up and considered as unique).
- “Single product variation”: the quantity is calculated separately on all products in the cart that are among those selected on “Apply to”.
Please note: each single product variation is considered as single product and their quantities are not added up.
In this case, the discount has been applied because one variation of “Headphone Over-Ear” (one of the products selected in “Apply To”) has a quantity of 2 and the condition of minimum requested quantity has been satisfied. Differently from the previous case, this time each single variation is considered as single product and the total quantity of variations is not a valid element to satisfy the rule.
- “Sum of all products in list or category list”:to apply the discount, the number of products added to the cart (chosen among those specified in Apply to) has to be specified in Special Offer Rules > Purchase.
In our example, as we have selected quantity as 2, cart has to contain at least 2 items of the specified product if we want the discount to be applied.
The gift products feature allows you to offer free products when users add to cart one or more items you previously selected.
Before analyzing how to configure the rule details, you must know how to select products that will apply the rule and the products you will offer as a gift.
Select the products, categories or tags on which you want to apply the rule in the “Apply To” field. The products added to this field will be the ones that users have to add to the cart to benefit from items offered as a gift.
After selecting products, specify the number of items that must be added to the cart by the users in the entry Total items in cart. Specify if the number must be higher, lower, equal or not, then insert the value.
Now, you must select the products that you want to give as a gift by adding them to the field Gift Products. You can decide the number of products allowed through the option Gift products allowed. According to this value, users will be able to choose the number of gift products available from those previously selected.
To inform users about the gifts you are offering, you can show a custom message on the pages of the products selected in Apply to.
We want to offer a product as a gift to choose from Cap, Beanie and Album to users purchasing more than 2 T-shirts.
On the product page, the user will see a message informing of this opportunity.
After adding more than 2 T-shirts to the cart, the user will be able to choose the gift from a popup that will open automatically.
The user chooses the Cap. The free product will be then added to the cart as shown below.
The Gift products feature allows you to offer free products when users add to cart one or more items that you have previously selected.
Go to the Price Rules tab of the plugin settings dashboard and click on the Add new rule button. Now insert the name of the new rule select Gift products.
Enabling option “Repeat” allows to repeat the application of the discount each time conditions are satisfied. For example, if we have set these values “Purchase > 2”, “Receive > 1” and “Repeat > true”, the discount will be applied to the product listed in “Apply adjustment to” each time two items of the products specified in “Apply to” are purchased.
To inform the users about the benefits you offer on the purchase of your products, you can insert some notes to show on the pages of the products for which you apply a discount or are provided to get one.
Notes for Quantity discount and Special offer
You can show two different notes on each product for any discount rule of “Quantity discount” or “Special offer” type:
- one shows in the products related to the achievement of the discount associated with the rule (Notes shown on “Apply to” products)
- the other shows in the products on which the discount effectively applies (Notes shown on “Apply adjustment to” products)
Notes for Gift products
You can show a note on the page of the products that will apply the rule you have created.
For each price rule you to restrict discount only to a specific list of users. Here are all possible select options.
You can set user inside the rule, with the option User Status, choosing:
- Everyone: all users can benefit from the offer.
- Include a list of role: only users who have been assigned one of the specified WordPress roles in the site will benefit from the offer.
- Exclude a list of role: all users can benefit from the offer except for those who have been assigned one of the specified WordPress roles in the site.
- Include a list of customers: list of users to whom the discount has been reserved.
- Exclude a list of customers: list of users who cannot benefit of the discount.
Rule can be scheduled for a given lapse. Specify the date of beginning and end in “from” and “to” fields or leave them empty if you want the rule to be immediately active and without expiration date