In order to let the plugin work fine, it is essential to enable coupons in WooCommerce settings panel.
YITH WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts allows applying two main types of discount:
- Price rules: the discount is applied to single product price in the cart and can either be a “Quantity Discount” or a “Special offer”.
- Cart discount: according to specific conditions, the discount is calculated on the total cart, in the amount of the coupon code shown to users on “Cart” page.
Price rules on single products
For detailed information about the configuration of price rules on products, visit the documentation pages as specified below:
For detailed information about the configuration of discount rules on products, visit this page.
To apply a discount on the cart, you must create at least one Cart discount rule.
Go to YITH Plugins > Dynamic Pricing and Discounts > Cart Discount, click on Add new, give a name to the new rule and proceed with the configuration of the other parameters.
There is no limit to the number of rules you can create.
If the cart satisfies the conditions of different discount rules, they will apply according to the priority you specify in the rule settings next to Priority. In the above image, for example, the rule has a 2 priority.
This means that on the total cart amount, first the rule with priority 1 will be applied, and only after that, an additional 20% off admin carts will be applied.
Set one or more purchase conditions for the discount you want to apply. The condition must be chosen from “Role” and must be followed by a value.
Discounts conditions that can be selected are divided in 4 main categories. Let’s analyze them singularly.
- Users in list: discount reserved only to users belonging to a specific list (enter customers in “Value”).
- Exclude users in list: discount applied to all customers except for those listed in the field “Value”.
- Roles in list: offer reserved to all users that have the same role in the site as specified in field “Value”.
- Roles not in list: exclude registered users with a role as specified in the field “Value” from the offer.
- Minimum number of orders required: users must have a number of orders in their history that corresponds at least the number specified in this option.
- Maximum number of orders required: users cannot have more orders in their history than the number specified in this option.
- Minimum past expense required: the discount is reserved only for users that have already purchased items at least for the amount specified in the field “Value”.
- Maximum past expense required: the discount is reserved only for users that haven’t exceeded the total expense specified in the field “Value”.
- At least one selected product: discount applied only if one the selected products has been added to the cart.
- All selected products in cart: discount applied only if all selected products have been added to the cart.
- Products not selected: discount applied only if the cart contains all products except for the selected ones.
- At least a selected category: discount applied only if at least one product belonging to one of the selected categories has been added to the cart.
- All selected categories in cart: discount applied only if at least one product from each of the selected categories has been added to the cart.
- Categories not selected: discount applied only if no products belonging to the selected category has been added to the cart.
- At least a selected tag: discount applied only if at least one product with one of the selected tags has been added to the cart.
- All selected tags in cart: discount applied only if at least one product from each of the selected tags has been added to the cart.
- Tags not selected: discount applied only if no products with the selected tag has been added to the cart.
- Minimum quantity of product items: discount applied only if the number of items of the specified product is equal to or greater than the specified value.
- Maximum quantity of product items: discount applied only if the number of items of the specified product is less than the specified value.
- Minimum quantity of cart items: discount applied only if the total number of items added to the cart is equal to or greater than the specified value.
- Maximum quantity of cart items: discount applied only if the total number of items added to the cart is less than the specified value.
- Minimum subtotal: discount applied only if the cart total amount is equal to or greater than the specified values.
- Maximum subtotal: discount applied only if the cart total amount is below the specified values.
- Exclude products: you can select specific products and make sure the cart rules do not apply to them.
- Exclude categories: select one or more categories to prevent that cart rules apply to them.
- Exclude tags: select one or more tags to prevent that cart rules apply to them.
- Exclude on-sale products: select this if you want that cart rules do not apply to them.
The last step when creating a “Cart Discount” type rule is to choose the kind of discount to apply to the cart from:
- percentage discount: the discount amount is calculated in percentage in relation to the cart total
- price discount: discount calculated in fixed amount relating to the cart total
- fixed price: through this discount type, the cart will acquire the exact amount you specified if the rule is applied.
The fixed price discount type can’t be combined with other discount rules since the cart total will always be the same as the one provided by the “Fixed price” discount rule.
If the discount rule on cart is used, the system generates a coupon for the same amount of the discount to apply.
Assumed we have created a rule that applies a 20% discount for amounts higher than 200£ on cart, we will have a situation like this.
To change the coupon name that will be generated, go to the tab Settings in plugin options panel and add your text in the field Coupon Label.
Information about the coupon used will be available also in order detail page.
If you want to associate free shipping to a cart discount rule, you need to enable the option Allow free shipping.
Please note, to have this feature work, firstly, you need to activate WooCommerce free shipping as described in this guide then enable it by selecting A valid free shipping coupon. The coupon will be added and applied by our plugin when the cart fulfills the rule.
The quantity discount allows you to offer a discount on specific products when users add to cart one or more items that you have previously selected.
Each discount must correspond to a new Quantity discount type rule.
Only one quantity discount per product can be applied at the same time
To create a new rule, go to YITH Plugins > Dynamic Pricing and Discounts > Price Rules, enter the name of the new rule and click on the Add new rule button.
Enter a title for your rule and select “Quantity Discount” mode.
Now you can select the products you want to associate with the rule and proceed with the configuration of all the parameters.
The quantity discount allows you to offer a discount on specific products when users added to cart one or more items you previously selected.
The quantity discount allows you to offer a discount on specific products when users add one or more items you have previously selected to the cart.
Before looking into how to configure the rule in detail, you must know how to select products.
In “Apply adjustment to” field, select the products on which you want to apply the discount, and in “Apply To” field, select the products on which you want to apply the quantity control in the cart.
Variable products are supported: the plugin allows selecting single product variations with regards to “Apply to” and “Apply adjustment to” options.
In “Apply to”, select the product typology on which you want to apply the quantity control on the “Cart” page.
You can choose from:
- all products in the cart
- only selected products
- all products of the shop except selected ones
- all products related to one or more product categories
- all products of the shop that are related to the specified categories
- all products of the shop that are related to the specified tags
- all the products related to one or more vendors (available only if you are using YITH WooCommerce Multi Vendor)
Apply adjustment to
When the minimum required conditions for the discount apply, the rule affects only the products specified in “Apply Adjustment to”.
The discount can be applied:
- to the same products on which the quantity control has been applied
- to all products in the cart
- to all products you select
- to all products in the cart except for those you select
- to all products in the cart that are in one or more categories
- to all products in the cart except for those in the selected categories
If you decided to use the “Quantity discount” type rule, it means you want to apply the discount only if the cart includes a certain product quantity.
The quantity is calculated according to how it has been selected in “Quantity based”.
Before analyzing the possible options, we must say that the minimum and/or maximum quantity of products allowed for the rule need to be specified in “Discount Rules”.
You can specify different amounts for different quantity ranges. In this case, you must add as many “n” rules as the quantity ranges to define.
Let’s analyze the possible options available in the plugin to count the product quantity in the cart:
- “Item quantity in cart line”: the quantity is calculated for each product line in the cart, among those selected in “Apply to”.
Product variations are considered as different products, for this reason (in this modality) two or more variations of the same product aren’t added up.
Shown below, two screens for example.
As shown in the example of the images, a 50% discount has been set on all products in the cart with a minimum quantity of 2.
- “Single Product”: the quantity is calculated separately for all the products that, among those selected on “Apply to”, have been added to cart. The difference compared with the previous case, is about variations of the same product which are considered by the system as a unique product and, therefore, their quantities are added up.
Here is an example to explain it better.
According to settings done, the discount is applied only to those products in the cart that have a minimum quantity of 2, specifically to “Headphone over-hear” products. The two elements are variations of the same product and the total of their quantity satisfies the requested condition.
- “Single product variation”: the quantity is calculated separately on all the products in the cart which are among those selected on “Apply to”.
Please note: each single product variation is considered a single product, therefore their quantity aren’t added up.
- “Sum of all products in list or category list”: to apply the discount, the number of products added to the cart (chosen among those specified in Apply to) has to be between maximum and minimum quantity specified in Discount Rules.
In our example, as we have selected only the minimum amount as 2, the cart has to contain at least 2 items of the specified product if we want the discount to be applied.
The price table is a specific table created and configured to be shown on the detail page of a specific product to inform users about the price based on the quantity.
To show the table, the rule must have specific conditions:
- the discount must be of “Discount Mode” type
- “Show table” option must be active
- in “Apply adjustment to” must be selected “Same product”
At this point, you only need to select in “Apply to” the products on which you want to show the table and configure prices and related quantities.
In the example below, the table has been configured to be shown on the “Tablet Cover” product.
Show notes in the price table
You can add custom notes to each price table you create.
Insert the text in the Notes shown in quantity table entry that you can find in the quantity rule settings. The note will be added soon after the table.
Price table position
To edit the position of the price table on the product page, go to the Settings tab of the plugin settings dashboard and change the Quantity Table Position option.
Price table labels
You can edit the labels shown in the price table from the Settings tab of the plugin settings dashboard.
Horizontal or vertical quantity table
In the plugin settings, you have the possibility to choose whether to show the quantity table horizontally or vertically by selecting the related option Show the quantity table as shown below:
The result of the horizontal table will be the following:
and this will be the result of the vertical table: