If you want to push your customers to pay for their balance orders, just enable the option Require balance payment to customers in the plugin tab Balance options.
Now you can define when the payment will be required. You can choose from two options:
- After a specific range of days from the deposit: this option allows you to specify the number of days from the deposit to require the payment of the balance orders;
- On a specific date: this option allows you to choose a date from the calendar to require the payment of the balance orders.
Unpaid balance orders
But what happens if balance orders are not paid by your customers? No worries, you can decide the action to apply if balance orders are left unpaid.
- Cancel balance order: if the balance won’t be paid within the specified days from the deposit or the specific date previously set, the balance order will be automatically canceled and it will be no longer possible for the customer to complete the payment. You can manually process the refund of the paid deposit from the edit page of the balance order;
- Cancel balance order and refund deposit: if the balance won’t be paid within the specified days from the deposit or the specific date previously set, the balance order will be automatically canceled and the deposit order refunded (for deposits paid with one of WooCommerce gateways supporting automatic refunds);
- Send a reminder to customers to invite them to pay for the balance and set an expiration in days. If the balance order won’t be paid within the specified days, you can choose one of the following actions: cancel the balance order or cancel the balance order and refund the deposit.
Additionally, you will be able to decide the action to apply on the product that has the deposit option enabled and requires the balance to be paid within the specified date. Through the option When balance is required on a specific date, and is overdue you can choose to:
- Do nothing
- Disable deposit for the product
- Make product no longer purchasable
- Hide product from catalog