The Polygon Documentation
Page settings & Layout manager
By now your site has the look and feel of The Polygon theme.
In this section, you will learn all about The Polygon customization so that you can to make your site look like our demo version without having to install sample data. We suggest you go to our support forum and watch videotutorials about it.
Use the Page Settings panel
Open a page, from WordPress "Pages". Below the editor, you can find the "Page settings" panel. Activate it to customize the page:
Then, in the tab "Settings" you can:
- Show/hide the title of the page.
- Show/hide breadcrumb of the page.
- Add a slogan (if you click on "on", you can enter some text. Add a word in square brackets to get it shown with a different color).
- Set the layout of the page: left sidebar, right sidebar, double sidebar, no sidebar. Choose the type of sidebar you want to show in the page.
- Choose to add this page in the sitemap or not.
Then in the SEO tab you can:
- Enter the title of the page.
- Enter a short description.
- Enter some keywords for the page.
In the Header tab you can:
- Set a slider for this page. Set "none" if you want a static header.
- Set a static image. If you turn on this option, you can upload an image for your header and add an URL if you want to add a link to the image.
- Activate the parallax effect on this header image, to have a parallax header. If you turn on this option you can add a text under the header.
- Add a custom background for your header (the section where you have the logo, the menu the navigation and the cart). If you turn on this option you can upload a custom image for your header.
In the Body background tab you can:
- Set a background color for this page, and choose the color using the color picker.
- Upload a background image.
- Set the position and other options for this image (set "repeat" if you are using a pattern, and "fixed" if you want that the background image is fixed and does not scroll, etc...).
- If you use the boxed layout you can set also the background color for the body of the page.
In Google map tab you can:
- Full Width
- Height: set the height for the google map
- Address: set the address (like "1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA" )
- Latitude: set the latitude
- Longitude: set the longitude
- Zoom of map: Set the zoom of map (0-19)
- Marker image: upload a image for the marker
- Style of map: set style of the map (black and white or color)
Use the Layouts manager
In The Polygon > Layouts you can find the Layouts manager:
In this section you can make an advanced customization for each page, product page and post of the site.
Select the page you want to customize and in the header panel you can set the slider of this page or set/upload a custom header. You can also set a parallax header and enter a text on the image.
In the Page settings panel you can activate the title of the page and the breadcrumbs, add a slogan in the page:
In the Body background panel you can set the background color for the page or upload a custom image. You can also customize the color for the body of the site:
In the Layout panel you can set the page layout: choose if you want to add a sidebar to the page, set the sidebar position and choose the sidebar from the select.
In the SEO panel you can set the page title, a small description and some keywords to improve the SEO of this page.