In this section, you will learn how to translate your site into your native language (Manual Configuration). You will also learn how to transform your site into a multi-language site if you want (WPML Configuration).
First, this theme is ready for localization via .po/.mo files, and works with the WPML plugin. **Note – The WPML plugin is a premium plugin and IS NOT INCLUDED in this theme package. If you desire to use the WPML plugin, you must buy and install it yourself.
If you are not familiar with translating Wordpress themes, we highly recommend that you read this article: http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress
1. Manual Localization Configuration
1. - Go to http://wpcentral.io/internationalization/ and click on the link for the language into which you want your installation to be translated
2. - Click on "Download language pack", if available
3. - Decompress the downloaded package and copy the files into the folder wp-content/languages within your WordPress installation
- In case the package for your language were not available in the website mentioned above, download the WordPress version in the language you want, go to wp-content/languages and copy the files you find there into the same path in your installation to be translated.
4. - Open the admin panel of your of your theme. Select "General" from the tab "Settings" and you'll find the select menu where choosing your language. Select it and save settings. Now, all the entries of panel of your theme are in your chosen language.
5. If your language file (es. es_ES.po) doens't exist into this folder. You can create it following this step:
Copy the file default.po. Right click on it to copy
You won’t be able to paste the copied file in your ftp files, so go to your desktop, right-click and save the file there.
Now rename your copy of default.po. For example, rename your file:
- fr_FR.po for France,
- en_EN.po for English
- he_HE.po for hebraic, and so on.
Here’s how the renamed file will look:
Now download POEdit
Now Open your renamed file with the POEdit software and translate it by going to File and clicking on Preferences.
When your new screen opens, click on Editor, then click Automatically generate mo:
Be sure to save your translated file, then upload the new .mo and .po via FTP to your server, in the languages folder.
wp-content > themes > Mindig > languages
2. WPML Configuration
This is the best configuration to operate wpml plugin: